Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >
Translation of "Emperor Qianlong" - Is this a scam?
Thread poster: Denyce Seow
alice_gao
alice_gao
English to Chinese
气愤! Jul 13, 2006

我好像是上个月或上上个月接到的“康熙大帝”,当时就觉得像骗局,不过头儿说反正也没多少字,就翻翻吧,如果能争取过来这个客户更好。这些骗子,真是在世间活得不耐烦了! 让我们一起谴责这样的败类!

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:39
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
偶理解你的心情,但发言不宜过激 Jul 13, 2006

alice_gao wrote:

我好像是上个月或上上个月接到的“康熙大帝”,当时就觉得像骗局,不过头儿说反正也没多少字,就翻翻吧,如果能争取过来这个客户更好。这些骗子,真是在世间活得不耐烦了! 让我们一起谴责这样的败类!

另外, 你是REELANCER哪来的头儿啊?!

alice_gao
alice_gao
English to Chinese
谢谢楼上的建议。。 Jul 14, 2006

谢谢楼上。实际上,我一个月中都有固定的时间坐班,呵呵。希望以后能与大家共同进步。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
侯宝林 vs. 郭启儒 Jul 15, 2006

周末了,大家轻松轻松!
http://yl.0437.gov.cn/tingshu/look.asp?id1=439&id2=309

http://yl.0437.gov.cn/tingshu/movie.asp?id=309

wherestip wrote:

Yueyin Sun wrote:

看起来有点像“关公战秦琼”。:D

I sent for 侯宝林、郭启儒、刘宝瑞 的相声, but never got them. Luckily my credit card never got compromised. I sure took a big risk though. That's how much I wanted to have them.

甲:韩复榘他爸爸在头一排,弄个大沙发在那儿一坐。台下不断喝彩。

乙:那是唱的好嘛!

甲:可是这“寿星老”不愿意听。

乙:怎么?

甲:听着听着站起来了,“别唱啦!”

乙:哟嗬?

甲:“你们这是嘛戏呀?”

乙:听了半天不懂啊?

甲:“都上后边去!”

乙:给轰下去啦?

甲:“把你们那管事儿的叫来!”演员不知道怎么回事儿啊,跑下台去啦!

乙:下去吧。

甲:管事的来啦。“呵!老太爷,您有什么吩咐?”“你们唱的这是嘛戏呀?”

乙:“千里走单骑呀!”

甲:这是红净戏呀!

乙:对。

甲:“那红脸儿的是谁呀?”

乙:听了半天,不知道这是谁。

甲:“那是关公!”

乙:哎,关羽关云长。

甲:“关公?是哪儿的人?”

乙:山西的人呢。

甲:“山西人为嘛到我们山东来杀人?”

乙:啊?你这都什么呀?

甲:“有我们的命令吗?啊?”

乙:你这什么乱七八糟的?

甲:“为嘛不唱我们山东的英雄?”

乙:关云长也是英雄啊。

甲:“我们这儿有好汉秦琼秦叔宝!为嘛不唱?”

乙:哦,爱听秦琼戏。

甲:“老太爷!不知道您喜欢听什么戏。那好啊,请您点戏吧!”

乙:对。

甲:“我问问你,是关公的本事大?是那个秦琼的本事大?”

乙:那谁知道啊?

甲:“那……他们俩人没比过。”

乙:是啊。

甲:“今天让他们比比!”

乙:啊?比比?

甲:“来个关公战秦琼!”

乙:这可真新鲜啦!

甲:那怎么唱?

乙:你怎么唱啊?

甲:哪儿有这么一出啊?

乙:不是一个朝代的事。

甲:管事的也不敢说呀,“你不懂戏!”人说:“嘿!那什么,老太爷!您点个别的戏吧!这个戏,我们不会。”

乙:是啊。

甲:“嘛?我点你的戏,你们不会呀?那全别唱啦!我不给钱哪!你们也全别走啦!在这里饿你们三天不管饭吃!”

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
侯宝林 vs. 郭启儒 Jul 15, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

周末了,大家轻松轻松!

Yueyin,

Thanks so much for the links!

The speed of my DSL must not be so hot though, all I get is a loading blue bar going across repeatedly. And then I'm probably missing some kind of viewer software for the 2nd link. I didn't dare download it in case it wasn't compatible with the English version of Windows XP.

Still, just reading the section that you posted is enough for me to hear it in my head. Back then we had a tape recorder, and used to tape all kinds of entertainment from radio broadcasts. 自然是少不了侯宝林、郭启儒的相声和刘宝瑞的单口相声

Enjoy your weekend!

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
炸糕和豌豆黄 Jul 15, 2006

http://www.worldbizcity.com/cgi-bin/guohuo.cgi?command=searchlist&conv=null&category=-1&search_type=1&phrase=���&x=19&y=13

Yueyin,

那真和你贴的北京小吃一样吊胃口

I had to send for it again.
... See more
http://www.worldbizcity.com/cgi-bin/guohuo.cgi?command=searchlist&conv=null&category=-1&search_type=1&phrase=���&x=19&y=13

Yueyin,

那真和你贴的北京小吃一样吊胃口

I had to send for it again. It looks like a reputable outfit, so I'm taking my chances once more.

Their customer services seem still not up to par. Last time I didn't even get a confirmation for my order. The order showed in my account for a long time, but eventually just disappeared without even a "Boo".
Collapse

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
A typo? Jul 15, 2006

http://www.worldbizcity.com/cgi-bin/guohuo.cgi?command=showall&id=812&conv=null

>>> 对口相声第五集《侯宝林与郭金宝》

应该是郭全宝吧? That's the way I remember it.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
北京味 Jul 15, 2006

wherestip wrote:

Yueyin,

The speed of my DSL must not be so hot though, all I get is a loading blue bar going across repeatedly. And then I'm probably missing some kind of viewer software for the 2nd link. I didn't dare download it in case it wasn't compatible with the English version of Windows XP.

Still, just reading the section that you posted is enough for me to hear it in my head. Back then we had a tape recorder, and used to tape all kinds of entertainment from radio broadcasts. 自然是少不了侯宝林、郭启儒的相声和刘宝瑞的单口相声

Enjoy your weekend!

wherestip,

I am glad you enjoyed it. 侯宝林 and 郭启儒 are my favorate actors. I couldn't see the images either. Probably the images were not loaded at all. Meanwhile, I didn't dare download any unfamiliar software either.

郭金宝 is indeed a typo, it should be 郭全宝.

Speaking of 炸糕, 豌豆黄, 艾窝窝, 豆腐脑 and etc., I went to 护国寺小吃店 for several times to give myself a nice treat when I went back to Beijing last fall. Of course, you could also get them from somewhere else in Beijing, but I think 护国寺小吃 is the most authentic, nothing less than 仿膳. Another place I like to fool aroud is 牛街.

You have a nice weekend too!

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
I have the same problem, thanks for the text. Jul 15, 2006

wherestip wrote:

Yueyin,

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
牛街 Jul 25, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Speaking of 炸糕, 豌豆黄, 艾窝窝, 豆腐脑 and etc., I went to 护国寺小吃店 for several times to give myself a nice treat when I went back to Beijing last fall. Of course, you could also get them from somewhere else in Beijing, but I think 护国寺小吃 is the most authentic, nothing less than 仿膳. Another place I like to fool aroud is 牛街.

Yueyin,

Little things from the past sometimes just suddenly pop into my head. It just dawned on me that 牛街 was where a lot of muslims lived in Beijing; and a quick search confirmed it. Jianjun should visit sometime if he hadn't already.

http://www.linese.com/blog/user/blog_show.jsp?logid=296

I don't think I've ever been to 牛街. I rarely had any business to go in the direction west of 西单. Come to think of it, for some odd reason I've never ridden the subway along Changan Blvd either.

Not so for 护国寺. I used to shop at the 桂香村 for pastries on my way home from school all the time. I wonder if it's still there? Then there was a 茶叶店 right next door, where I used to buy our favorite 祁红. 文化革命初期破四旧, 他们把街对过儿护国寺里的幡旗祭器之类统统揎到大街上焚烧, 陈腐的霉气夹杂着樟脑的臭味, 搞得乌烟瘴气的. I can still remember the bad smell.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Wherestip, Jul 25, 2006

你对北京的记忆也太遥远了,就不想回去看看?

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
我是百闻胜似一见 ;-) Jul 25, 2006

chance wrote:

你对北京的记忆也太遥远了,就不想回去看看?

是啊, 以后有机会再看了. 我是很不爱动, 连欧洲也没去过. 其实最近我们兄弟科室里也有与中国顾客联系的技术事务. 我是多一事不如少一事, 没去毛遂自荐. 很多人不知我是会说中文的.

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
说实话,我也怀疑 Jul 25, 2006

wherestip wrote:

很多人不知我是会说中文的.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
牛街礼拜寺和护国寺 Jul 25, 2006

wherestip wrote:
Yueyin,

Little things from the past sometimes just suddenly pop into my head. It just dawned on me that 牛街 was where a lot of muslims lived in Beijing; and a quick search confirmed it. Jianjun should visit sometime if he hadn't already.

http://www.linese.com/blog/user/blog_show.jsp?logid=296

I don't think I've ever been to 牛街. I rarely had any business to go in the direction west of 西单. Come to think of it, for some odd reason I've never ridden the subway along Changan Blvd either.

Not so for 护国寺. I used to shop at the 桂香村 for pastries on my way home from school all the time. I wonder if it's still there? Then there was a 茶叶店 right next door, where I used to buy our favorite 祁红. 文化革命初期破四旧, 他们把街对过儿护国寺里的幡旗祭器之类统统揎到大街上焚烧, 陈腐的霉气夹杂着樟脑的臭味, 搞得乌烟瘴气的. I can still remember the bad smell.

Wherestip,

那位日本女士写的牛街介绍还比较客观。我去牛街主要是奔清真小吃去的,那里的清真小吃确实好。我这次回去住在广安们,离牛街很近。牛街的清真礼拜寺是很有名的,是全国重点文物保护单位。文革时听同学讲过,红卫兵“破四旧”要砸那座礼拜寺,结果住在附近的回族居民自发组织起来保卫,曾经达到剑拔弩张的地步。据说后来周恩来下令将牛街礼拜寺(以及故宫、雍和宫)等重点文物保护单位关闭,派军队保护,才使它们躲过一劫。是的,Jianjun有机会应去那儿看看。
http://www.people.com.cn/GB/shenghuo/80/105/20030408/966263.html

护国寺小吃店是家不起眼的小店,在护国寺街(人民剧场对面)。所谓护国寺街其实就是桂香村马路对面的一条胡同。梅兰芳故居也在同一条胡同里。护国寺小吃店不是什么高档店,但比较实惠。北海公园里面的仿膳,也供应宫廷小吃,其实东西差不多,可那是“宰人”的地方,“宰”的是用公款吃喝的人,或是大款、洋人,还有(用北京人的话说)就是傻瓜。:D
http://www.bj.xinhuanet.com/bjpd_sdwm/2006-07/20/content_7567301.htm

护国寺的桂香村还在,它是前店后厂(以前在西单还有家桂香村)。至于那家茶叶店,我印象不深,但好像也还在。不过,据说那条大街马上就要拆迁改造了。西四的那家新华书店已经拆掉了。我以前在北京住时也常去桂香村买糕点。以前王府井有家稻香村,和平里有家稻香村分店,现在好像都没有了。但北京很多大商店都有所谓“老字号”店家的代售店,那里都卖桂香村、稻香村的糕点,但到底那糕点是什么地方的什么“村”做出来的,就不得而知了。不过,现在北太平庄北师大对面有一家超市,里面卖的稻香村糕点质量比较好,买糕点总是要排长队。

Wherestip,看得出来,你很怀念北京。你确实应该抽空回去看看。

wherestip
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
人民剧场 Jul 26, 2006

Yueyin Sun wrote:

护国寺小吃店是家不起眼的小店,在护国寺街(人民剧场对面)。所谓护国寺街其实就是桂香村马路对面的一条胡同。梅兰芳故居也在同一条胡同里。护国寺小吃店不是什么高档店,但比较实惠。北海公园里面的仿膳,也供应宫廷小吃,其实东西差不多,可那是“宰人”的地方,“宰”的是用公款吃喝的人,或是大款、洋人,还有(用北京人的话说)就是傻瓜。:D
http://www.bj.xinhuanet.com/bjpd_sdwm/2006-07/20/content_7567301.htm

护国寺的桂香村还在,它是前店后厂(以前在西单还有家桂香村)。至于那家茶叶店,我印象不深,但好像也还在。不过,据说那条大街马上就要拆迁改造了。西四的那家新华书店已经拆掉了。我以前在北京住时也常去桂香村买糕点。以前王府井有家稻香村,和平里有家稻香村分店,现在好像都没有了。但北京很多大商店都有所谓“老字号”店家的代售店,那里都卖桂香村、稻香村的糕点,但到底那糕点是什么地方的什么“村”做出来的,就不得而知了。不过,现在北太平庄北师大对面有一家超市,里面卖的稻香村糕点质量比较好,买糕点总是要排长队。

Wherestip,看得出来,你很怀念北京。你确实应该抽空回去看看。

Thanks, Yueyin.

Any trips I take might have to wait till I become one of the leisure class. Unlike you guys who still have some extended family there, it wouldn't be as much fun for me. I imagine I'd have a mixture of emotions: 刘姥姥进大观园的 bewilderment combined with 林黛玉进贾府的 melancholy.

你不提人民剧场我还真把它忘光了. 想当初临出国前我还在那儿看过内部放映的几部外国电影. One I remember was "Daddy Long Legs". 来美前, 我在北京对外翻译出版处作过大约一年的翻译工作. 这个单位在西四以西(记不清是不是白塔寺对面?), 是外交部分出来的. 当时因中国加入联合国, 中国政府要求将所有的联合国文件 backlog 都翻成中文(国民党在此之前是没有要求的). 联合国于是就拨款让中国自己翻. 我想因和外交部沾边, 大概有某种程度上的优先, 如这种内部电影之类. We all know how that worked.

BTW, Thanks a lot for the nice links.

[Edited at 2006-07-26 01:25]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of "Emperor Qianlong" - Is this a scam?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »