Thread poster: XX789 (X)
XX789 (X)
XX789 (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:32
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 20, 2010

A certain client from Riga has serious payment problems. I will send a debt collection agency to them in 7 days or sooner. Does anyone have any recommendations about the strategy to follow in Latvia?

Jana Teteris
Jana Teteris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:32
Latvian to English
+ ...
Debt collection Apr 20, 2010

Loek van Kooten wrote:

A certain client from Riga has serious payment problems. I will send a debt collection agency to them in 7 days or sooner. Does anyone have any recommendations about the strategy to follow in Latvia?

Fortunately I never had to make use of a debt collection agency when I lived in Latvia, so am not aware of the procedures that should be followed. As far as I know, the following company is one of the most established debt collection agencies (and their website has information in English!) www.creditreform.lv

XX789 (X)
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent Apr 20, 2010

That looks like an excellent company. Thank you very much!

Jānis Greivuls
Jānis Greivuls
Latvia
Local time: 21:32
English to Latvian
+ ...
creditreform Apr 20, 2010

They just look excellent..... In reality, there are many cases revealing creditreform's unprofessional conduct.......

[Rediģēts plkst. 2010-04-20 21:59 GMT]

XX789 (X)
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
If you mean... Apr 21, 2010

If you mean that they sometimes accidentally hit the people who owe them money, I really have no problems with that. Defaulters are thiefs.

Laurent KRAULAND (X)
Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
French to German
+ ...
Creditreform... Apr 21, 2010

was founded back in 1879 in Mainz. I cannot imagine that such a company can become "unprofessional", especially not for its subsidiaries outside of Germany.

Jānis Greivuls
Jānis Greivuls
Latvia
English to Latvian
+ ...
A little clarification Apr 21, 2010

Laurent KRAULAND wrote:

was founded back in 1879 in Mainz. I cannot imagine that such a company can become "unprofessional", especially not for its subsidiaries outside of Germany.

Fortunately, I have no experience with Creditreform:))
But there are reports and studies containing negative feedback on the debt collection companies including Creditreform.

You know, in general Latvian business environment is really far from principles of civilized, professional way of business conduct.... So, even foreign players in Latvian market have to adopt the methods close to local reality (remember Daimler corruption scandal).

Ilze Jansone
Ilze Jansone
Latvia
German to Latvian
... Apr 22, 2010

http://www.coface.lv
http://www.balt-risk.lv/lat/services/inkaso
http://www.inkassolat.lv/
http://www.intrum.lv/

Laurens Landkroon
Laurens Landkroon  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
Any update on this particular thread about debt collectors in Latvia? Oct 10, 2017

Dear colleagues,

I'm currently also looking for ways to collect debt from a company in Latvia;

there are so many debt collecting companies/agencies, and they all seem to charge quite a lot of money for their services; even the ones that offer the so called "no cure no pay" (you usually have to pay some sort of administrative fee or some other excuse for them to get around the "no pay" part...., starting at 100 euro most of the times).
(as with most things in life
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'm currently also looking for ways to collect debt from a company in Latvia;

there are so many debt collecting companies/agencies, and they all seem to charge quite a lot of money for their services; even the ones that offer the so called "no cure no pay" (you usually have to pay some sort of administrative fee or some other excuse for them to get around the "no pay" part...., starting at 100 euro most of the times).
(as with most things in life, "free" is usually not free in hindsight...)

But even this is not an issue, as long as I can get a decent/reputable agency and get my money of course...

So I hope you are able to help me out.

Thanks!

Warm regards,

Laurens.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Debt collection agencies in Latvia

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »