话题中的页数:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do your clients manage their source language content with terminology databases and glossary lists?
论题张贴者: ProZ.com Staff
Ventnai
Ventnai  Identity Verified
西班牙
Local time: 07:20
German德语译成English英语
+ ...
Yes, but ... Nov 4, 2016

I said yes because most of mine do rather than some. I agree with Mario on their sacrosanct status. It's very hard to get terminology changed, even if the client or agency has agreed to the change and it's very difficult to get feedback on any suggestions that you have made. And woe betide you if you don't use the designated terminology for some clients, even if you know it's wrong.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
巴西
Local time: 02:20
正式会员 (自2014)
English英语译成Portuguese葡萄牙语
+ ...
Some do, but it ends up being a problem instead of helpful Nov 4, 2016

Some clients provide TBs, but they usually have many undue suggestions, and it makes it even harder for them to realize their mistakes, since they have been using them for years, and they won't go back and fix old documents, of course.
I've had many clients send me TBs with the very undue "Index" instead of "Table of Contents". I have discussed this with several clients, and most insist in using "Index". Of course they will not go back and change all documents already issued in the past 10
... See more
Some clients provide TBs, but they usually have many undue suggestions, and it makes it even harder for them to realize their mistakes, since they have been using them for years, and they won't go back and fix old documents, of course.
I've had many clients send me TBs with the very undue "Index" instead of "Table of Contents". I have discussed this with several clients, and most insist in using "Index". Of course they will not go back and change all documents already issued in the past 10 years, all of which using "Index".
But this is just one example in a million.
Collapse

话题中的页数:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do your clients manage their source language content with terminology databases and glossary lists?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »