no Russian characters
Thread poster: Palko Agi
Palko Agi
Palko Agi  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:31
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Feb 6, 2002

I cannot read Russian texts, at least not all of them, when reading the KudoZ questions. What to do?

Ági

Yngve Roennike
Yngve Roennike
Local time: 05:31
Swedish to English
+ ...
Viewing cyrillic Feb 7, 2002

If you use Netscape, you simply click View and select character coding. Cyrillic Windows 1251 works. However, on my computer it takes forever to load these pages in Netscape, and I wanted to pose the question, is there a problem with Netscape and Proz.com viewing?

Palko Agi
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
internet explorer Feb 7, 2002

Thanks, but I am using Internet Explorer, not Netscape, and I cannot find anything like it there.

AndrewBM
AndrewBM
Ireland
Local time: 10:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
What version of IE are you using? Feb 13, 2002

IE 5.0/6.0 would normally have Cyrillic (Windows/ISO/DOS/KOI installed. Cyrillic Windows and Cyrillic ISO are most likely to be used on this site. To change your encoding: View/Encoding/Cyrillic(Windows)

See if you can read that forum on the subject:

... See more
IE 5.0/6.0 would normally have Cyrillic (Windows/ISO/DOS/KOI installed. Cyrillic Windows and Cyrillic ISO are most likely to be used on this site. To change your encoding: View/Encoding/Cyrillic(Windows)

See if you can read that forum on the subject:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&eid_c=24688&topic=620&forum=30&11
[addsig]
Collapse

Palko Agi
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
many thanks, Feb 14, 2002

I have already solved it, and it works!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

no Russian characters

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »