Do not send neither CV nor agreement document when it seems suspicious !
ناشر الموضوع: Murielle LECOURT
Murielle LECOURT
Murielle LECOURT  Identity Verified
فرنسا
Local time: 22:53
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
May 20, 2013

Hello,

On May 9th, I received a mail from Imad, a project manager from LanguageMet Translation Company. He told me that if I wanted to join with his company, he would use my CV and send the projects directly to me.
So I mailed him my CV ! An hour later, I received another mail : "send the attached agreement, sign it and send it back with your CV". I was surprised : on the document, the company's name didn't appear ! It was a document giving them the authorization to send CV to
... See more
Hello,

On May 9th, I received a mail from Imad, a project manager from LanguageMet Translation Company. He told me that if I wanted to join with his company, he would use my CV and send the projects directly to me.
So I mailed him my CV ! An hour later, I received another mail : "send the attached agreement, sign it and send it back with your CV". I was surprised : on the document, the company's name didn't appear ! It was a document giving them the authorization to send CV to their clients. But no name of their company. I had only to write my name and SIGN the document ! So, I felt strange : thanks to Proz and to translators' comments about LanguageMet, I realized that it was really suspicious. Thank you for your comments !

Be aware and do not send neither CV nor signed document when it looks suspicious !

Best regards.

Murielle Lecourt/France.
Collapse

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
عضو (2009)
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
Known Scammers May 21, 2013

Hi Murielle,

it's good that you have checked the ProZ.com forum, also only after having sent them your CV. There is a chhance existing that they might use it.. with or without your consent.

This company is known for not paying their translators and for sending out unsolicited emails requesting permission to market the translatos' CVs. Also beware of their various "aka's".

The way "offer" jobs to translators is by sending out emails to an unknown number of
... See more
Hi Murielle,

it's good that you have checked the ProZ.com forum, also only after having sent them your CV. There is a chhance existing that they might use it.. with or without your consent.

This company is known for not paying their translators and for sending out unsolicited emails requesting permission to market the translatos' CVs. Also beware of their various "aka's".

The way "offer" jobs to translators is by sending out emails to an unknown number of undisclosed recipients. So there is little to no value in joining their "organization".
Collapse

João Roque Dias
João Roque Dias
البرتغال
Local time: 21:53
أنجليزي إلى برتغالي
Scammer Directory May 22, 2013

And the list keeps growing: http://www.jrdias.com/jrd-translator-scammers.htm

Languagemet and other scamming associates are one of frequent "customers" of my Directory.

Murielle LECOURT
Murielle LECOURT  Identity Verified
فرنسا
أنجليزي إلى فرنسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
LanguageMet May 24, 2013

João Roque Dias wrote:

And the list keeps growing: http://www.jrdias.com/jrd-translator-scammers.htm

Languagemet and other scamming associates are one of frequent "customers" of my Directory.

Many thanks to Roque Dias who informs us on the "scammer" companies. When reading the whole information, I am astonished !

Thank you.

Murielle Lecourt.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do not send neither CV nor agreement document when it seems suspicious !

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »