Deja Vu Problem: Translation completed, but only 1/2 project is exported
Autor wątku: Jo-Hanna Goettsche
Jo-Hanna Goettsche
Jo-Hanna Goettsche  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 15:28
angielski > hiszpański
Mar 5, 2005

So, yesterday, I finished a translation project in Deja Vu (Standard): a 65-page document. I export, and.. the result is a 23-page document. I tried the same thing several times with the same results. What the heck?

Has that happened to anyone? Any idea how to prevent it?

Thanks. Tomorrow I am going back to work, see if I can salvage something.

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 22:28
Członek ProZ.com
od 2002

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Check for wrong codes Mar 5, 2005

Jo-Hanna Goettsche wrote:
What the heck?

Typically, this happens with Word files if codes are in the wrong order. Use Translation->Check Embedded Codes to search and correct wrong codes. If you find anything like This is {123}a wrong{122} code order change it to This is {122}a wrong{123} code order.

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraina
Local time: 23:28
Członek ProZ.com
od 2004

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
Have you compared the initial file with the output? Mar 5, 2005

What was the format of the file you were working with? I think Klaus' suggestion is very probable: just check for the embedded codes. If these were Word files, compare it and find the point where `the glitch' starts, first of all.

Kathinka van de Griendt
Kathinka van de Griendt  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:28
niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
Images/Graphics Mar 5, 2005

Sometimes Deja Vu can't handle detailed graphics in Word. If you delete them in the original document and then re-import them once you've finished translating, export should work well. It's happened to me a couple of times. Good luck

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraina
Local time: 23:28
Członek ProZ.com
od 2004

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
Images Mar 5, 2005

Kathinka Lavelle wrote:
Sometimes Deja Vu can't handle detailed graphics in Word.

Very true, I faced the problem once. I had to delete an image from the source file, and then, after finishing my translation, to insert it manually.

Jo-Hanna Goettsche
Jo-Hanna Goettsche  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 15:28
angielski > hiszpański
NOWY TEMAT
Thanks for all your suggestions... Mar 6, 2005

Thanks to those of you for your suggestions. I checked the embedded codes and fixed where necessary, and lo and behold, after exporting (and renaming the file, go figure), I end up with a proper document of 69 pages! Yay!

Of course, I am going over the document with a fine-toothed comb, to verify it looks the way it is supposed to. But I am very very very happy now

[Edited at 2005-03-06 21:08]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deja Vu Problem: Translation completed, but only 1/2 project is exported

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »