Create a TM from just one translated file?
Autor wątku: VojtaDziewiecki
VojtaDziewiecki
VojtaDziewiecki
Czechy
Local time: 14:05
czeski > polski
+ ...
Feb 19, 2014

Hi,
I'm wondering what to do in this situation:
A translation agency sends me a short file to translate (like 100 words or so), and they want the TM I created during the translation. This happens to me quite often.
Now I obviously don't want to create a new project for this translation (it's too short - too much hassle), I prefer to have just one project per language pair, which is IMO the best approach, even more so when it is a team project, which is difficult to set up.
... See more
Hi,
I'm wondering what to do in this situation:
A translation agency sends me a short file to translate (like 100 words or so), and they want the TM I created during the translation. This happens to me quite often.
Now I obviously don't want to create a new project for this translation (it's too short - too much hassle), I prefer to have just one project per language pair, which is IMO the best approach, even more so when it is a team project, which is difficult to set up.
Is there a way to make a TM from what I translated in that one file?
I thought I'd just open project_save.tmx in a text editor and just copy relevant segments to a newly created .tmx file, but in the TM the segments are in some strange random order.
Maybe I could write a script that would extract segments for example based on time when whey were created, but I thought I'll ask first, maybe there's a simpler way.
What would you people do?
Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:05
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Simple Feb 19, 2014

It's simple. Just leave only the file in /source and remove all other files. Compile the project (i. e., create translation). The resulting TMX files in the project root will contain only segments from the file (while project_save.tmx will retain all previously translated segments).

Do tego forum nie został przydzielony moderator.
W celu zgłoszenia naruszenia zasad forum lub zasięgnięcia pomocy, proszę kontaktować się z personelem portalu »

Create a TM from just one translated file?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »