KudoZ answer form changes lettercase of question
Autor wątku: Endre Both
Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 07:30
angielski > niemiecki
Sep 30, 2005

The KudoZ answer submit form uses code changing the lettercase of the source term. I assume this is to avoid questions submitted in all capitals ("shouting").

Unfortunately this code frequently makes unwelcome changes too. One example where uppercase characters within a function name are converted to lower case:
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1149535

I have also seen correct G
... See more
The KudoZ answer submit form uses code changing the lettercase of the source term. I assume this is to avoid questions submitted in all capitals ("shouting").

Unfortunately this code frequently makes unwelcome changes too. One example where uppercase characters within a function name are converted to lower case:
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1149535

I have also seen correct German capitalisation converted to incorrect lower case.

So the issue is more complex than its representation in the code, and I believe the disadvantages of the current code outweigh its advantages. I would prefer deactivating it until these problems are sorted out.

Thanks a lot
Endre
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ answer form changes lettercase of question

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »