Stron w wątku:   < [1 2 3 4] >
Powwow: Tokyo - Japan

This discussion belongs to Powwows » "Powwow: Tokyo - Japan".
You can see the powwows page and participate in this discussion from there.

Kurt Hammond
Kurt Hammond  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 17:48
japoński > angielski
. Jul 4, 2008

26 or 27 works for me now but this could change.

 
hiroko765
hiroko765
Local time: 10:48
angielski > japoński
my availability Jul 4, 2008

I vote for 26th but 27th is ok as well.

 
Bonnie Waycott
Bonnie Waycott  Identity Verified
Japonia
Local time: 09:48
japoński > angielski
My availability Powwow Jul 4, 2008

I would prefer Sat July 26th. If it's around 12pm that's perfect.

 
Dina F. Nugroho
Dina F. Nugroho
Japonia
Local time: 09:48
japoński > indonezyjski
+ ...
Both dates are fine! Jul 4, 2008

Basically I'm free on Saturdays and Sundays. I'll be there!

 
Krzysztof Łesyk
Krzysztof Łesyk  Identity Verified
Japonia
Local time: 09:48
japoński > angielski
+ ...
Saturday Jul 4, 2008

I'm available on both Saturday and Sunday, but I prefer the former.

 
Troy Fowler
Troy Fowler  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 17:48
japoński > angielski
I vote 26th Jul 5, 2008



 
CalumR
CalumR  Identity Verified
Japonia
Local time: 09:48
japoński > angielski
July 26th it is! Jul 6, 2008

And so we have a winner,
July 26th. Thanks for getting back to me about your availability everybody.

Any preference about the time? I'm thinking of a lunchtime start.
I was thinking of getting hold of a venue where we can easily have a bit of work related chat and perhaps a wordfast demo at the start and then let things progress/degenerate from there. Perhaps a big izakaya in a central location such as Shinjuku?

If we are going to do some wordfast stuff peo
... See more
And so we have a winner,
July 26th. Thanks for getting back to me about your availability everybody.

Any preference about the time? I'm thinking of a lunchtime start.
I was thinking of getting hold of a venue where we can easily have a bit of work related chat and perhaps a wordfast demo at the start and then let things progress/degenerate from there. Perhaps a big izakaya in a central location such as Shinjuku?

If we are going to do some wordfast stuff people will have to try and bring along a laptop so we can follow the demo.
Any suggestions about this event are more than welcome, so don't hold back, especially if you've been to a powwow before and seen some things you thought were good/bad about it that could be done, or not, at this gathering.
Cheers,
Calum
▲ Collapse


 
MedSpecialis (X)
MedSpecialis (X)
USA
Local time: 20:48
angielski > japoński
+ ...
Can't make it. Jul 7, 2008

Unfortunately Saturdays don't work for me, so I will have to miss it. Would it be possible to have a summary of what happened posted on Proz later?

 
horse
horse
Local time: 09:48
angielski > japoński
+ ...
Can't make it this time Jul 7, 2008

Sorry, I can't make it that weekend. I attended the last Powwow and met Henry and some of the members listed here. It was an interesting meeting. Getting to see the Proz people in real life was fun. Maybe next time ! I'll be looking forward to the report of the event later.

 
Seikoh Hokama
Seikoh Hokama
Japonia
Local time: 09:48
japoński > hiszpański
+ ...
Noon or after is fine for me... Jul 7, 2008

...since I live a one and a half hours from Tokyo. By the way, have you decided where to hold the event?

 
Nobuo Kameyama
Nobuo Kameyama  Identity Verified
Japonia
Local time: 09:48
angielski > japoński
Next time... Jul 7, 2008

Sorry I have a previous appointment. I also look forward to reading CalumR's report together with some pictures!

 
kyoko oyama
kyoko oyama  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:48
angielski > japoński
+ ...
I can't make it this time Jul 7, 2008

I will be out of the country for work on this day.
Wait for the next chance.


 
CalumR
CalumR  Identity Verified
Japonia
Local time: 09:48
japoński > angielski
Booking Jul 7, 2008

Hi folks, I'm going to book a place pretty soon, so if those who have not yet replied could let me know their availability on the 26th around lunchtime that woud be great. Thanks in advance!

 
Troy Fowler
Troy Fowler  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 17:48
japoński > angielski
Venue conditions Jul 8, 2008

Hello Calum,

Thanks for your work on organizing the PowWow. I thought I'd add a few suggestions regarding location.

* Probably a large Izakaya with a large semi-private area would be appropriate.

* If possible, having several adjacent tables (versus one long skinny one) helps conversation.

* A central location like Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ebisu, etc.

* Sounds like this will be a lunch / afternoon event, so I suggest skipping the "nomi-
... See more
Hello Calum,

Thanks for your work on organizing the PowWow. I thought I'd add a few suggestions regarding location.

* Probably a large Izakaya with a large semi-private area would be appropriate.

* If possible, having several adjacent tables (versus one long skinny one) helps conversation.

* A central location like Shinjuku, Shibuya, Ebisu, etc.

* Sounds like this will be a lunch / afternoon event, so I suggest skipping the "nomi-hodai" courses for the time being (leave that for the nijikai!)

* Maybe arrange for a course meal with enough veggie options to please non-carnivors.

...just a few pointers.

Good luck!

Troy
▲ Collapse


 
Timothy Miller
Timothy Miller
USA
Local time: 09:48
japoński > angielski
I'm good Jul 8, 2008

Sorry for the late reply, I am still interested for lunch on the 26th!

 
Stron w wątku:   < [1 2 3 4] >


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow: Tokyo - Japan






CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
LinguaCore
AI Translation at Your Fingertips

The underlying LLM technology of LinguaCore offers AI translations of unprecedented quality. Quick and simple. Add a human linguistic review at the end for expert-level quality at a fraction of the cost and time.

More info »