using string as segmentation marker
Autor wątku: Stefano Crivellaro
Stefano Crivellaro
Stefano Crivellaro  Identity Verified
Włochy
Local time: 09:59
włoski > angielski
+ ...
Feb 25, 2011

Hi all,

is there any way to have MT automatically split a paragraph into two segments when it finds a specific string?

Example: given a paragraph "aaaaaaa bbbbbbb cccc dddd ffffff" I need it to split it into "aaaaaaa bbbbbbb cccc" and "dddd ffffff" whenever the string " cccc" is found in the source text.

I know you can have MT automatically split after e.g. "; " or ". " etc. and that you can define a sequence after which a split is done, but I need to do t
... See more
Hi all,

is there any way to have MT automatically split a paragraph into two segments when it finds a specific string?

Example: given a paragraph "aaaaaaa bbbbbbb cccc dddd ffffff" I need it to split it into "aaaaaaa bbbbbbb cccc" and "dddd ffffff" whenever the string " cccc" is found in the source text.

I know you can have MT automatically split after e.g. "; " or ". " etc. and that you can define a sequence after which a split is done, but I need to do the same using a string that contains more than two characters...

thanks

stef
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

using string as segmentation marker






Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »