Language-solver Pay offer, €10.50 plus IVA per 1500, low for the europe???
Autor wątku: Jorge Maldonado
Jorge Maldonado
Jorge Maldonado
Włochy
Local time: 02:14
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Nov 9, 2002

hi I am The Intruder, 25,. milan, my languages are spanish, english,I am new in the business on the Internet, though I have a lot of experience in the language field, teching and translating. Id really apreciate some advice on how to charge here in Europe, I have been keeping in touch with an Agency named Language-Solver.com , as you already saw they pay per 1500 words (25 lines of 60 words) €10.50 plus IVA(????tthat is 1 cent per word I guess???- I think it is low,thus one spends good part o... See more
hi I am The Intruder, 25,. milan, my languages are spanish, english,I am new in the business on the Internet, though I have a lot of experience in the language field, teching and translating. Id really apreciate some advice on how to charge here in Europe, I have been keeping in touch with an Agency named Language-Solver.com , as you already saw they pay per 1500 words (25 lines of 60 words) €10.50 plus IVA(????tthat is 1 cent per word I guess???- I think it is low,thus one spends good part of the time translating), I dont really know if that is good here in the Europe, cuz they say that is the \"tariffe\" they work here and abroud also, please could anyone give me a hint on how to charge translations, Ill appreciate it a lot.

Can email me to [email protected]

the intruder

Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 02:14
angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
EUR 10.50 / 1,500 words = EUR 0.007... Nov 10, 2002

...I have no idea about the market levels in SP>EN/EN>SP, but unless there\'s some calculation error here, this is ridiculous...

But hang on a second... \"25 lines @ 60 *words*\"? This sounds like an awfully long line to me... I guess this should be \"25 lines @ 60 *characters*\", right? Quite a difference, I\'d say. I\'ve no idea about the average number of characters in Spanish - using the approximate value for English (let\'s say, 7 chars/word), this works out at 25 * (60
... See more
...I have no idea about the market levels in SP>EN/EN>SP, but unless there\'s some calculation error here, this is ridiculous...

But hang on a second... \"25 lines @ 60 *words*\"? This sounds like an awfully long line to me... I guess this should be \"25 lines @ 60 *characters*\", right? Quite a difference, I\'d say. I\'ve no idea about the average number of characters in Spanish - using the approximate value for English (let\'s say, 7 chars/word), this works out at 25 * (60/7) = 214 words; EUR 10.50 would thus work out at roughly 5 cents a word. Still veeery low, as far as I\'m concerned, but a bit closer to reality...

To identify *your* price, estimate how long it will take you to process this text. Use your target hourly rate to work out how much you should be charging.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-10 12:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-11-10 12:21 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language-solver Pay offer, €10.50 plus IVA per 1500, low for the europe???

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »