Off topic: Teach yourself Portuguese…
Autor wątku: lanzarotti
lanzarotti
lanzarotti  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:03
włoski > angielski
+ ...
Aug 11, 2004

…well, almost! I actually love the “sound” of the language and would like to learn it just for the sake of understanding it! I live in a small town and do not have the time to reach the nearest city to attend courses, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good book + tape (or CD) or even an online course! I speak English and Italian (more or less bilingual), Russian (managed that one!) and have a basic knowledge of Spanish… any tips? I suppose it would be easier for me to find st... See more
…well, almost! I actually love the “sound” of the language and would like to learn it just for the sake of understanding it! I live in a small town and do not have the time to reach the nearest city to attend courses, so I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good book + tape (or CD) or even an online course! I speak English and Italian (more or less bilingual), Russian (managed that one!) and have a basic knowledge of Spanish… any tips? I suppose it would be easier for me to find stuff on European Portuguese as I live in Italy, but I so much love bossanova music… well, anything will do!
Cheers!
Collapse

Tomás Rosa Bueno
Tomás Rosa Bueno  Identity Verified
Brazylia
Local time: 19:03
angielski > portugalski
+ ...
No exactly what you want, but it's a start Aug 11, 2004

Hi, Lanzarotti,

found this: www.portuguesonline.com/

It's for Spanish speakers, and I haven't seen what it is exactly. I'll ask around and get back to you if I find anything better.

Greetings from Pirenópolis,

Tomás

Martina Frey
Martina Frey
Niemcy
portugalski > niemiecki
+ ...
http://www.instituto-camoes.pt/cvc/aprender.html Aug 12, 2004

Hi Lanzarotti,

I would recommend this site.

Hope this helps.

Martina

Maria Luisa Duarte
Maria Luisa Duarte
Hiszpania
angielski > portugalski
+ ...
Learn Portuguese online by practicing with a native speaker from Portugal. Aug 14, 2004

Hi Lanzarotti!
I recomend you come and stay in Lisbon for a few months, but if you cannot, try the site enclosed:

http://www.mylanguageexchange.com/Learn/Portuguese.asp

All the Best, um beijo e um abraço.
MLD

[Edited at 2004-08-14 17:55]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Teach yourself Portuguese…

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »