Autor wątku: Pallavi Mehta
Jeffrey Balmonte
Jeffrey Balmonte
Filipiny
Local time: 13:19
angielski > tagalski
It's a scam! Jul 6

They have sophisticated tactics.
Once the translation is done they will ask you to contact a certain person through telegram.
And then they will ask you to open an account to something like Paypal then they put an amount there.
But to withdraw you have to pay $150 for the code.

Daniel Vieira
Vladimir Izotov

Richard Jacobs
Richard Jacobs  Identity Verified
Holandia
Local time: 07:19
Członek ProZ.com
od 2020

angielski > niderlandzki
+ ...
Received this one today (July 10, 2024), from a gmail address (which I never trust to begin with). Jul 10

I hope this email finds you well. My name is Fiona Maxwell and I am reaching out to you on behalf of Grand Archive and Art. We have a project that requires professional translation services, and after conducting thorough research, we came across your profile on TranslatorPub.

We are impressed by your credentials and experience in the field of translation, and we believe that you could be a valuable asset to our project. If you are interested in collaborating with us, we would like t
... See more
I hope this email finds you well. My name is Fiona Maxwell and I am reaching out to you on behalf of Grand Archive and Art. We have a project that requires professional translation services, and after conducting thorough research, we came across your profile on TranslatorPub.

We are impressed by your credentials and experience in the field of translation, and we believe that you could be a valuable asset to our project. If you are interested in collaborating with us, we would like to inquire about the languages you specialize in translating from English to.

Please let us know your availability and rates for the translation services so that we can discuss the details further and potentially move forward with working together on this exciting project.

Thank you for considering our inquiry, and we look forward to the possibility of establishing a successful partnership with you.

Warm regards,

Fiona Maxwell
Grand Archive and Art
Collapse

Daniel Vieira
Daniel Vieira  Identity Verified
Brazylia
Local time: 02:19
angielski > portugalski
+ ...
Proposal from Caroline Connell (Grand Archive and Art) Jul 23

I have received an email from Caroline Connell to start a new project with a budget of US$ 2500. They sent me 40 jpg files (worth about US$ 350) and said I would receive the payment immediately.

As I have received this kind of proposal before, I asked about the email domain (gmail.com) and how much would I pay to receive what she promised.

No answer after that. This is the message:

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Caroline connell and I am r
... See more
I have received an email from Caroline Connell to start a new project with a budget of US$ 2500. They sent me 40 jpg files (worth about US$ 350) and said I would receive the payment immediately.

As I have received this kind of proposal before, I asked about the email domain (gmail.com) and how much would I pay to receive what she promised.

No answer after that. This is the message:

"I hope this email finds you well. My name is Caroline connell and I am reaching out to you on behalf of Grand Archive and Art. We have a project that requires professional translation services, and after conducting thorough research, we came across your profile on TranslatorPub.

We are impressed by your credentials and experience in the field of translation, and we believe that you could be a valuable asset to our project. If you are interested in collaborating with us, we would like to inquire about the languages you specialize in translating from English to.

Please let us know your availability and rates for the translation services so that we can discuss the details further and potentially move forward with working together on this exciting project.

Thank you for considering our inquiry, and we look forward to the possibility of establishing a successful partnership with you.

Warm regards,

Caroline connell
Grand Archive and Art"

[Edited at 2024-07-23 12:24 GMT]
Collapse

Vladimir Izotov
Vladimir Izotov
Niemcy
angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
Hookson disappeared somewhere in the tundra in the Northwest Territories, but his cause lives on! Jul 29

Luke Mardarowicz wrote:

I got an e-mail with a job offer from GRAND ACHIEVE LIBERALLY AND ART this morning. Hey, when you're both a liberally and an art and have a g-mail address on top of that, you have to be legit. And it was signed by a Hookson Gilbert. If you can't trust a guy named Hookson, who can you trust?

I asked for some details. Hookson replied that they "are having 50 written text images in English we want you to translate into Polish perfectly I’m sure you can handle it?"

In awe of Hookson's command of English and ashamed of my own, I sheepishly inquired what exactly is a "written text image". Hookson sent me a jpeg with scanned text. I didn't want to bother him with unnecessary details, so I ran a Google search to learn that this was a page from Maurice Leblanc's Arsene Lupin. This book has been translated into Polish for over a hundred years. How awesome is Hookson? He wants to provide an alternative version just in case someone doesn't like the original translation. Good guy all the way.

I eagerly confirmed that I can handle it no problem. Hookson's response? "Excellent!" At this point, it became rather obvious that Hookson is actually Montgomery Burns. But hey, everyone deserves a second chance, right?

Next, he sent me "Instructions for to follow."

I still had no idea what he was offering in exchange. When inquired, Hookson revealed that "This is a very urgent and important task .. and we need the best of you as we can afford so we will be paying per page $40 the total sum of $2,000.. Also note that the project involves story terms and such the words should be cross checked for mistakes in spellings and other casualty."

I'm never in favor of spelling (and other) casualties and decided that Hookson could use some security. I asked if we should sign a contract. Hookson agreed that "we can sign a contract agreement to build matual trust", sent me one, and asked that I "Fill it up and send back for final signature okay."

I didn't want to offend Hookson, but (against my better judgement) I decided to ask why his company (a liberally and an art!) didn't exist at the address provided in the contract. Or at any other address.

And something strange happened. Hookson stopped responding! Something must've happened to him! I fear the worst. If you're anywhere in the area or know someone who is, please check up on Hookson. Please. Hookson needs you! His last known location is 2180 49th Avenue, Rae Lakes, Northwest Territories.

It seems that Hookson disappeared somewhere in the tundra in the Northwest Territories, but his cause lives on! Now his company is called Grand Achieve Library and Art.
His Chinese-Japanese successor (he writes that he is the director of Samurai Translators) posted an ad in one of the posts in ProZ FB asking for translation into all possible languages. I responded and was also offered to translate 113 pages about Arsène Lupin. I was absolutely amused. I guess they don't have any other PDF files. I had fun corresponding with them. They even sent me a Confirmation Letter with a tempting offer: “The other benefits you able to avail are enclosed with this letter”. Except that they seem to have started forgetting the English language. Now their address is: 2180 49th Avenue, Rae Lakes, NoTHwest Territories, phone numbers for some reason are in Chicago and Baden-Baden: + 1 (312) 555-38900, + 49 07221385714. There's even a email address: [email protected] and a website https://grandachievelibrary.online (which doesn't open - surprise!). But is it really that important? The people of the world need translations of the book about Arsène Lupin!

Stron w wątku:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorzy tego forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Grand Archive Library and Art

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »