If you could fix one thing about your subtitling software, what would it be?
Autor wątku: Ryan Holmes
Ryan Holmes
Ryan Holmes
USA
Local time: 18:57
Nowy użytkownik
Sep 26

Hi everyone, I’m Ryan.

I work professionally in video distribution and caption delivery, and I’m currently developing a desktop captioning and subtitling application called ROQ.

I joined ProZ because I don’t want to build software in a vacuum. I’d really like to understand how professional subtitlers work today and where existing tools slow you down or make the work harder than it needs to be.

I’d love to hear what software you currently use, wha
... See more
Hi everyone, I’m Ryan.

I work professionally in video distribution and caption delivery, and I’m currently developing a desktop captioning and subtitling application called ROQ.

I joined ProZ because I don’t want to build software in a vacuum. I’d really like to understand how professional subtitlers work today and where existing tools slow you down or make the work harder than it needs to be.

I’d love to hear what software you currently use, what you like about it, what frustrates you most, and what you wish it handled better.

I’m especially interested in editing, timing, QC, positioning, file formats, media playback, and anything that regularly slows down your workflow.

Thanks for any insight. I’m here primarily to learn from people who do this work every day.

Ryan
Founder, RyOnQ
Creator of ROQ
▲ Collapse


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

If you could fix one thing about your subtitling software, what would it be?







CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
PerfectIt
Check translations faster for consistency, quality and style guide compliance

PerfectIt helps professional translators deliver error-free documents in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. It helps improve consistency, ensure quality, and enforce style guides. ProZ members receive a 30% discount off individual purchases of PerfectIt.

More info »