Dagmar Broberg  Identity Verified
Szwecja
Local time: 17:31
szwedzki > słowacki
+ ...
Nov 3, 2008

Dear All,

I appreciat your help on this.
I work on a translation that should be done in either Trados or WordFast, I only have WordFast. Now the agency wants to help me and sent me their TM as 5 files with endings iix, mdf, mtf, tmw plus one Autodesk MapGuide ActiveX Control. I cannot open them in WordFast so they are useless for me. Is it possible to do it?
Thank you very much for advice.

Dagmar

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:31
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
No way Nov 3, 2008

Those files are Trados own TM format that cannot be used with Wordfast. Ask them to send you a TM in TMX format or as uncleaned files.

Karin Seelhof
Karin Seelhof  Identity Verified
angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
contact the agency Nov 3, 2008

and ask them to provide a tmx format. That doesn't seem to be much work - but you will be able to use the memory without any problems.

Simon Mountifield
Simon Mountifield  Identity Verified
francuski > angielski
TMX Nov 3, 2008

Hi,

Capesha and esperantisto are right - you can't do anything with those five files. Ask the agency to send you their TM in .txt or preferably .tmx format. You can then use it in Wordfast - if you have any trouble importing a .tmx TM into Wordfast, try looking at some recent posts on t
... See more
Hi,

Capesha and esperantisto are right - you can't do anything with those five files. Ask the agency to send you their TM in .txt or preferably .tmx format. You can then use it in Wordfast - if you have any trouble importing a .tmx TM into Wordfast, try looking at some recent posts on the subject, such as:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/118187-importing_tmx_file_into_existing_memory.html

HTH,

Simon
Collapse

Dagmar Broberg
Szwecja
szwedzki > słowacki
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Thank you very much. Nov 3, 2008

I appreciate your time, I'll contact the agency.

Dagmar Broberg
Szwecja
szwedzki > słowacki
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Many thanks for your time Nov 15, 2008

Simon Mountifield wrote:

Hi,

Capesha and esperantisto are right - you can't do anything with those five files. Ask the agency to send you their TM in .txt or preferably .tmx format. You can then use it in Wordfast - if you have any trouble importing a .tmx TM into Wordfast, try looking at some recent posts on the subject, such as:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/118187-importing_tmx_file_into_existing_memory.html

HTH,

Simon

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing TM from Trados to WordFast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »