Autor wątku: Allegro AS
Allegro AS
Allegro AS
Norwegia
Local time: 15:28
angielski > norweski
+ ...
Jul 2, 2009

I wanted to upgrade to the latest version of Wordfast Classic (5.60x), so I removed the old wordfast.dot file and downloaded the new one. After doubleclicking on the template I had to press ctrl+alt+w and a screen appeared asking if I wanted to install in the startup or template folder. I chose the template folder, and then nothing happened. No toolbar became visible neither on the screen or in the toolbar list. However, Wordfast did appear as activated in the templates list. I removed the templ... See more
I wanted to upgrade to the latest version of Wordfast Classic (5.60x), so I removed the old wordfast.dot file and downloaded the new one. After doubleclicking on the template I had to press ctrl+alt+w and a screen appeared asking if I wanted to install in the startup or template folder. I chose the template folder, and then nothing happened. No toolbar became visible neither on the screen or in the toolbar list. However, Wordfast did appear as activated in the templates list. I removed the template and tried again, several times but without any reaction whatsoever.
I have tried all the methods described in the manual, adding the template manually to both Word's default startup folder and to a newly created startup folder.

Not knowing what else to do I installed the old version again, 4.22, and it worked just fine. Any ideas what could cause the problem?

I run XP SP3 and Office 2003
Collapse

Jamie Lucero
Jamie Lucero  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 06:28
francuski > angielski
Automatic installation Jul 2, 2009

The easiest way to install Wordfast Classic is via automatic installation. To do this, avoid double-clicking Wordfast.dot. Instead, open Word by itself, close any documents, go to the File menu (or Office button in 2007), select Open, browse to the Wordfast.dot file, and open it. This should launch an automatic installation process that eliminates button pressing.

I'm not sure where the question about which folder to install it in came from. I have never seen that before. FYI, I jus
... See more
The easiest way to install Wordfast Classic is via automatic installation. To do this, avoid double-clicking Wordfast.dot. Instead, open Word by itself, close any documents, go to the File menu (or Office button in 2007), select Open, browse to the Wordfast.dot file, and open it. This should launch an automatic installation process that eliminates button pressing.

I'm not sure where the question about which folder to install it in came from. I have never seen that before. FYI, I just upgraded without a hitch to 5.60x on my machine using the method above

Vista Ultimate SP2, Word 2007 SP2
Collapse

Frances Leggett
Frances Leggett  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 14:28
włoski > angielski
+ ...
I agree with Jamie Jul 2, 2009

I just did this exact process and it wouldn't work to start with by opening the file, but if I opened Word first it allowed me to install Wordfast Classic. If your Macros are disabled, you should turn them to Medium and click both boxes in the second tab of the Macro Security option in Tools. This will allow the add-on to be installed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic won't install

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »