Autor wątku: Silvina Camperi
Silvina Camperi
Silvina Camperi  Identity Verified
Argentyna
Local time: 10:33
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Jul 27, 2009

I am new to Wordfast Pro. I am using the Demo Mode. I was sent a local TM to work on a project and I translated two Word files but I can't see the segments I translated in the TM. I tried translating another file with a new TM created by me and the new segments were added. But that didn't happen with the TM I was sent for the project, although I closed each edited segment with "alt+down arrow" (it is supposed that by closing segments that way the TM is updated). Could someone tell me how to conf... See more
I am new to Wordfast Pro. I am using the Demo Mode. I was sent a local TM to work on a project and I translated two Word files but I can't see the segments I translated in the TM. I tried translating another file with a new TM created by me and the new segments were added. But that didn't happen with the TM I was sent for the project, although I closed each edited segment with "alt+down arrow" (it is supposed that by closing segments that way the TM is updated). Could someone tell me how to configure a TM to write new segments on it? Thanks.Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 09:33
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

Adding new Segments to a TM Jul 30, 2009

Hi Silvina,

You mentioned that you are running in demo mode. There is a 500 TU limitation when working with Wordfast Pro in demo mode, which means after 500 TUs are stored the TM, Wordfast will no longer add segments to the TM. It's likely that the local TM that you were sent contains more than 500 TUS which is why you are unable to add segments to the TM.

To remove the restriction, you can purchase a Wordfast license
... See more
Hi Silvina,

You mentioned that you are running in demo mode. There is a 500 TU limitation when working with Wordfast Pro in demo mode, which means after 500 TUs are stored the TM, Wordfast will no longer add segments to the TM. It's likely that the local TM that you were sent contains more than 500 TUS which is why you are unable to add segments to the TM.

To remove the restriction, you can purchase a Wordfast license here - http://www.wordfast.net/?whichpage=buy

Sincerely,

Kristyna
Collapse

Silvina Camperi
Silvina Camperi  Identity Verified
Argentyna
Local time: 10:33
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Thanks! Jul 30, 2009

Thank you for your help Kristyna! I think you are exactly right! I remember that when I opened the TM there was a message saying that only 500 TUs would be uploaded when using the Demo Mode. Thank you so much!

Silvina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding new segments to a TM while translating

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »