Wordfast "Current project and selected TM do not have the same source and target locale"
Autor wątku: Maiko Hata
Maiko Hata
Maiko Hata
USA
Local time: 22:20
angielski > japoński
+ ...
Mar 22, 2010

Hello,

After having some issues with Wordfast (not saved correctly, TM language sets cannot be edited etc.), I followed the instruction I was given by uninstalling/installing it.

However, I still cannot change the language setting of the TM. I keep getting this error message "Current project and selected local TM do not have the same source and target locale". I found that Wordfast recommends I go to 'preferences' then choose the TM to 'edit' the language pair. I have
... See more
Hello,

After having some issues with Wordfast (not saved correctly, TM language sets cannot be edited etc.), I followed the instruction I was given by uninstalling/installing it.

However, I still cannot change the language setting of the TM. I keep getting this error message "Current project and selected local TM do not have the same source and target locale". I found that Wordfast recommends I go to 'preferences' then choose the TM to 'edit' the language pair. I have done this, but every time i do this, it tells me "TM updated correctly" but didn't (because I can't choose the TM - it keeps giving me the same error message when I try to choose it!).

I need to fix this problem right now in order to take this job. Any help would be helpful. Thank you!

Maiko

p.s. I found this link and tried changing the setting within the 'notebook' program and it did open. Is this the only way we can change it, I wonder? And if we do this, does the TM really work correctly?

http://ceb.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/156157-changing_language_settings_txml_files_tms_projects.html

[Edited at 2010-03-22 21:57 GMT]
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 08:20
angielski > arabski
Editing language codes Mar 23, 2010

Dear Maiko,

If the problem only in the project, "Create Project" ("File" menu) with *neutral* language variants (e.g. English-Japanese).

If the problem is related to the TXML file itself, open it in NotePad (right-click the TXML file > Open with) and change the locales to *neutral* ones. For example, if your translation is from English to Japanese, make sure you just have locale="EN" and targetlocale="JA".

If this does not help, please send me the fi
... See more
Dear Maiko,

If the problem only in the project, "Create Project" ("File" menu) with *neutral* language variants (e.g. English-Japanese).

If the problem is related to the TXML file itself, open it in NotePad (right-click the TXML file > Open with) and change the locales to *neutral* ones. For example, if your translation is from English to Japanese, make sure you just have locale="EN" and targetlocale="JA".

If this does not help, please send me the files you got and I will be more than willing to help you further.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net
Collapse

Maiko Hata
Maiko Hata
USA
Local time: 22:20
angielski > japoński
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Thank you - language pair in Wordfast file seems fixed Mar 26, 2010

Dear Yasmin,

Thank you so much for your help. I tried it, and it seems to be working!

It was a bit tricky though because when I tried to open the file, it showed an error message saying 'the source language' etc., and when I tried to make a new project, it didn't let me.

So I opened a project first (En-Ja) then opened the file I fixed and then it worked. Mysterious.

But anyway, it seems like it's working, and that's the important thing!
... See more
Dear Yasmin,

Thank you so much for your help. I tried it, and it seems to be working!

It was a bit tricky though because when I tried to open the file, it showed an error message saying 'the source language' etc., and when I tried to make a new project, it didn't let me.

So I opened a project first (En-Ja) then opened the file I fixed and then it worked. Mysterious.

But anyway, it seems like it's working, and that's the important thing!

Hope you're having a great day/evening, and thank you

Maiko
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast "Current project and selected TM do not have the same source and target locale"

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »