Can't connect to a remote TM
Autor wątku: Claudia Porta
Claudia Porta
Claudia Porta  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:26
angielski > hiszpański
Mar 28, 2010

Hello,

I'm working with Wordfast 2.1.8 (I'm a beginner; I´ve only been using the basic functions) and I'm having some trouble when connecting to a remote TM.

After typing all the relevant info, and clicking ok or Test, the following error message appears:

Failed to connect. could not connect to TM server XXX as Anonymous

It seems I'm trying to connect to a server as Anonymous; however, although I'm prompted to introduce a user name, I have n
... See more
Hello,

I'm working with Wordfast 2.1.8 (I'm a beginner; I´ve only been using the basic functions) and I'm having some trouble when connecting to a remote TM.

After typing all the relevant info, and clicking ok or Test, the following error message appears:

Failed to connect. could not connect to TM server XXX as Anonymous

It seems I'm trying to connect to a server as Anonymous; however, although I'm prompted to introduce a user name, I have no field to introduce the password. Actually, when I open the New Remote TM box, only the following appears:

URL:
Remote TM Properties
Symbolic name:
Workgroup ID:
Username:
Search Depth:

Is this ok? Shouldn't I get "Password" and "Port" fields to complete with the corresponding info as well?

Since I've recently re-installed WF, I also checked the license, but it seems to be ok.

Thank you for any help!

Claudia
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 02:26
angielski > arabski
Upgrade Mar 28, 2010

ClauPorta wrote:

Your Wordfast versions is very old. Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

You may need to re-license if the Install No. is changed (as it is a very old version).

Try again, and if you still have problems, please send me the Remote TM data to (support ## wordfast.com) and I will check it here.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Claudia Porta
Claudia Porta  Identity Verified
angielski > hiszpański
NOWY TEMAT
Can´t connect to a remote TM Mar 29, 2010

Thank you, Yasmin.

I'll try and let you know.

Laura Fechenbach
Laura Fechenbach
Argentyna
Same Problem Nov 20, 2010

I have the exact same problem (my wordfast version asks for different information than the one the client provided for remote tm). I have Wordfast 6, so it can't be because the version is old.

Yasmin Moslem
Egipt
angielski > arabski
Version? Nov 22, 2010

María Laura Fechenbach wrote:

I have the exact same problem (my wordfast version asks for different information than the one the client provided for remote tm). I have Wordfast 6, so it can't be because the version is old.

Dear María Laura,

Wordfast 6 is not a version; it is rather the "obsolete" name of Wordfast Pro. To know your current version, please go to "Help" menu > "About Wordfast"; if it is less than 2.4.0.1, please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

Also, download and install the Filter Pack update at the same page. (Again, check in a week or so for a newer version.)

Having the latest version should help. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Asja & Asia
Asja & Asia  Identity Verified
Włochy
Local time: 01:26
chiński > włoski
+ ...
can not connect to TM server Jul 17, 2012

Hi Yasmin,
my WF version is 3.0.0.
Until 3 days ago I have worked on WF with remote TM with no problem.
Suddenly, when I try to add a new remote TM the above mentioned error message appear.
I have read, it could be due to firewall protection, so I disabled it but it still doesn't work.
Any suggestion?
Thanks a lot
Amelia

Yasmin Moslem
Egipt
angielski > arabski
URL Jul 17, 2012

Dear Amelia,

Could you please contact me in private with the URL and/or details of the Remote TM. I will test here to see if it works or not. I just need to see if the problem is in the client's server or in your machine.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Asja & Asia
Asja & Asia  Identity Verified
Włochy
Local time: 01:26
chiński > włoski
+ ...
Trouble solved Jul 17, 2012

Hi Yasmin,
I reconnected my laptop to another server and it worked again.
It seemed to be a port access (444) denied problem.
Thanks for support.
Amelia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't connect to a remote TM

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »