WF PRO, can't save translated .docx file (error)
Autor wątku: Krzysztof Kajetanowicz (X)
Krzysztof Kajetanowicz (X)
Krzysztof Kajetanowicz (X)  Identity Verified
Polska
Local time: 07:23
angielski > polski
+ ...
Jun 12, 2010

Hi,

When trying to Save Translated File, I get the following error:

java.util.EmptyStackException

The problem is only with .docx files (i.e. saving the target text of a .docx.txml as a .docx).

I'm using PRO v. 2.3 with all current updates (except for some dictionaries) under Vista.

Rebooting the computer or launching WF by opening the .txml directly from Windows hasn't
... See more
Hi,

The problem is only with .docx files (i.e. saving the target text of a .docx.txml as a .docx).

I'm using PRO v. 2.3 with all current updates (except for some dictionaries) under Vista.

Rebooting the computer or launching WF by opening the .txml directly from Windows hasn't helped.

What has helped is converting the original .docx file to .doc, changing "docx" do "doc" in the .txml file using Notepad and saving the target .doc file. Obviously, not a real solution.

Any tips?

[Edited at 2010-06-12 12:12 GMT]
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 08:23
angielski > arabski
Pre-Translate Jun 12, 2010

Dear Krzysztof,

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz wrote:

Please try to completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "No". (Make sure you first back up your glossaries, if any.) Then, try installing again, hopefully it could resolve that.

As you run Windows Vista, it is better usually to turn off the UAC during installing, licensing and updating Wordfast Pro. You can turn it on later:
(Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> (un-check) Use User Account Control) -> Re-start your computer.

If this does not help, open a fresh copy of the DOCX file and pre-translate it using the toolbar button Translate All.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2010-06-12 12:31 GMT]

Irene Elmerot
Irene Elmerot  Identity Verified
niderlandzki > szwedzki
+ ...
Same problem on Mac OS 10.6.8 Aug 22, 2011

I just got the exact same problem.
Thanks to the idea from Krzysztof, I opened the txml files in TextWrangler and replaced all "docx" with "doc" (one in each file), and that solved it – albeit not a pretty solution. SO a big Thank you! to Krzysztof for letting me know I could do such a thing.

No other ideas except uninstalling?

Kind regards,
/Irene Elmerot
MacBook Pro, Wordfast Pro 2.4.2, Mac OS 10.6.8

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Dear Krzysztof,

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz wrote:

Please try to completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "No". (Make sure you first back up your glossaries, if any.) Then, try installing again, hopefully it could resolve that.

As you run Windows Vista, it is better usually to turn off the UAC during installing, licensing and updating Wordfast Pro. You can turn it on later:
(Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> (un-check) Use User Account Control) -> Re-start your computer.

If this does not help, open a fresh copy of the DOCX file and pre-translate it using the toolbar button Translate All.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2010-06-12 12:31 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-08-22 10:53 GMT]

uytteb
uytteb  Identity Verified
Belgia
francuski > niderlandzki
+ ...
Same problem with .doc file Sep 9, 2014

I have the exact same problem, but with a .doc file. I tried changing the file name, copying the text and pasting it in a blank document, and then pre-translating that new file - no success. I am rather unwilling to uninstall and re-install.

Any ideas?

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 08:23
angielski > arabski
TransCheck Sep 10, 2014

uytteb wrote:

I have the exact same problem, but with a .doc file. I tried changing the file name, copying the text and pasting it in a blank document, and then pre-translating that new file - no success.

The last time I handled this error, the problem was that there was a missing tag {ut} in a segment; when I added it, I could save the file.

Please make sure you always run TransCheck on tags before saving files: Edit > Preferences > TransCheck > select "Tag" (Apply)) and then use the toolbar button TransCheck; insert and correct the missing or the mismatched placeables.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Kate Tomkins
Kate Tomkins
Local time: 06:23
niemiecki > angielski
Seconded Sep 11, 2014

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

uytteb wrote:

I have the exact same problem, but with a .doc file. I tried changing the file name, copying the text and pasting it in a blank document, and then pre-translating that new file - no success.

The last time I handled this error, the problem was that there was a missing tag {ut} in a segment; when I added it, I could save the file.

Please make sure you always run TransCheck on tags before saving files: Edit > Preferences > TransCheck > select "Tag" (Apply)) and then use the toolbar button TransCheck; insert and correct the missing or the mismatched placeables.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

I had a nightmare a while ago which sounds similar to your problem. It turned out to be extremely quick and easy to fix.

The tag no. might be in the error message. If not, run TransCheck to find the missing tag - it should take under 5 minutes

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF PRO, can't save translated .docx file (error)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »