Provisional segments & export as TMX
Autor wątku: PunchyEdge
PunchyEdge
PunchyEdge
Tajlandia
Local time: 18:31
Oct 10, 2010

I am new to Wordfast and currently do self-training. Here I encountered 2 problems:

The first one concerns marking provisional segments. I follow the instruction and use the F10 shortcut on the opened segment, but nothing happens. It does not mark the segment as "provisional" with a purple tag. I am working with Wordfast Classic in Word (Office 2003).

The second problem occurs when I try to Export a TM as TMX using Tools>Special Fliters. It does not export anything, b
... See more
I am new to Wordfast and currently do self-training. Here I encountered 2 problems:

The first one concerns marking provisional segments. I follow the instruction and use the F10 shortcut on the opened segment, but nothing happens. It does not mark the segment as "provisional" with a purple tag. I am working with Wordfast Classic in Word (Office 2003).

The second problem occurs when I try to Export a TM as TMX using Tools>Special Fliters. It does not export anything, but displays a message "No text to find and replace!"

Does anyone know a solution to these problems?
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 14:31
angielski > arabski
Wordfast Version Oct 18, 2010

Dear PunchyEdge,

You mentioned that you use Office 2003, but you did not mention your Wordfast Classic version. If you have problem with Office 2003+WF 5.91i, please download and install the previous version WF 5.61k. It is very stable and should work perfectly with MS Word 2003.
http://www.wordfast.net/zip/wf_561k.zip

Please check for a newer version in a month or
... See more
Dear PunchyEdge,

You mentioned that you use Office 2003, but you did not mention your Wordfast Classic version. If you have problem with Office 2003+WF 5.91i, please download and install the previous version WF 5.61k. It is very stable and should work perfectly with MS Word 2003.
http://www.wordfast.net/zip/wf_561k.zip

Please check for a newer version in a month or so.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Provisional segments & export as TMX

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »