Holandia
Local time: 08:49
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 15, 2010

G'day everyone

I'm translating a TXML file and on one of the segments I get this error message:

Failed to update segment. The following error occured: XYZmemory.txt: Failed to update tu. specify TMX source segment with tu.setSourceTmx().

The segment is visually empty but in the Outline panel I can see that there are two squares in it. Using Alt+Ins doesn't seem to insert them. Manually copying them over doesn't seem to insert them either. WFP gives me t
... See more
G'day everyone

I'm translating a TXML file and on one of the segments I get this error message:

Failed to update segment. The following error occured: XYZmemory.txt: Failed to update tu. specify TMX source segment with tu.setSourceTmx().

The segment is visually empty but in the Outline panel I can see that there are two squares in it. Using Alt+Ins doesn't seem to insert them. Manually copying them over doesn't seem to insert them either. WFP gives me this error message when I try to move to the next segment using Alt+down.

Any ideas? What is even weirder is that the segment does autopropagate to further instances of it (if I use Alt+Insert to put something in it).

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Tajlandia
Local time: 13:49
angielski > tajski
+ ...
Weird memory management? Oct 15, 2010

My guess: bad PC memory management for Java utility. I had weird error and did reset the preference in WordFast to recover it successfully.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 09:49
angielski > arabski
TMX Oct 18, 2010

Dear Samuel,

Samuel Murray wrote:

Most likely, this message is related to a TM imported from a TMX, not related to the TXML file.

To clean the TMX tags, you can use Olifant:

http://okapi.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

- File > Open to select the WF TM
- Edit > Select All
- Entries > Remove Codes > Remove both TMX tags and their content > OK
- Save

Samuel Murray wrote:

The segment is visually empty but in the Outline panel I can see that there are two squares in it. Using Alt+Ins doesn't seem to insert them. Manually copying them over doesn't seem to insert them either.

You can just leave the target empty; this will work just as if you copied the source.

Samuel Murray wrote:

What is even weirder is that the segment does autopropagate to further instances of it (if I use Alt+Insert to put something in it).

In general, Copy Source (Alt+Insert) will not be propagated into other segments until you make any modification yourself. Auto-propagation applies only user edits to other repetitions.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holandia
Local time: 08:49
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > afrikaans
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Not TMX Oct 19, 2010

Yasmin Moslem wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
Error message: Failed to update segment. The following error occured: XYZmemory.txt: Failed to update tu. specify TMX source segment with tu.setSourceTmx().

Most likely, this message is related to a TM imported from a TMX, not related to the TXML file. To clean the TMX tags, you can use ...

No, there was TMX in my job. I created a WF TM using WFC, and then I used that same TM in WFP. No other TM was loaded in WFP. I never opened the WF TM in any program that does TMX.

If it is a TMX tag issue, then that tag must have been added by WFC.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Weird error message

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »