Autor wątku: Barbara Worthen (X)
Barbara Worthen (X)
Barbara Worthen (X)  Identity Verified
Niemcy
Local time: 13:21
angielski > niemiecki
Nov 4, 2010

Hello!

Is it possible to check the progress I'm making while translating (segments, characters, words in %) in Wordfast Pro? I know it's possible in TRADOS Studio 2009.

Thanks!

Ulf Samuelsson
Ulf Samuelsson  Identity Verified
Meksyk
Local time: 05:21
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > szwedzki
+ ...
Run an analysis Nov 5, 2010

As far as I know, the only way to monitor your progress in WFP is to run an analysis with all the files opened. (Just click on the Analyze button.)

I would prefer to have a display that is being updated as you go, but there is no such feature in WFP.

NMR (X)
NMR (X)
Francja
francuski > niderlandzki
+ ...
Count number of segments Nov 5, 2010

You can run an analysis as Ulf says, but you can also count the segments. They are numbered, and if there are, for instance, 1000 segments and you have translated 500 of them, then you are halfway.

Barbara Worthen (X)
Barbara Worthen (X)  Identity Verified
Niemcy
angielski > niemiecki
NOWY TEMAT
Still not sure how to do it Nov 5, 2010

Thanks for your replies.

NMR: the problem is that not every translation lends itself to chronological translations. Also, I want to take repetitions and such into account.

Ulf: Where in the analysis does it say how many segments/words I've translated? I ran the analysis but AFAIK it only shows me the hits in a TM, right?

Thanks again for your help!

LEXpert
LEXpert  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 06:21
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

chorwacki > angielski
+ ...
Compare initial analysis with later one Nov 5, 2010

The analysis run in-progress won't tell you how far along you are in and of itself. You'd have to compare with an analysis done before you started. When you are done with your translation, e.g., it should show all 100% matches to your TM (at least that seems logical to me).

@NMR: The segment number is indeed a good general indicator of where you are if going chronologically. However, it could be misleading in terms of words remaining if there is great variance in the segment length
... See more
The analysis run in-progress won't tell you how far along you are in and of itself. You'd have to compare with an analysis done before you started. When you are done with your translation, e.g., it should show all 100% matches to your TM (at least that seems logical to me).

@NMR: The segment number is indeed a good general indicator of where you are if going chronologically. However, it could be misleading in terms of words remaining if there is great variance in the segment length among sections of the doc, or many segments are just numbers to click through, etc.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Checking Translation Progress in Wordfast Pro

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »