Autor wątku: gzevspero
gzevspero
gzevspero
Local time: 09:43
hebrajski > angielski
+ ...
Dec 21, 2010

Hi,

I'm using Wordfast Classic on Word 2007 and can't get Word to stop crashing - every 5 to 15 minutes Word collapses, and I have to restart and use a recovered version of the document (which is often corrupted in one way or another).

Here are the details of my setup and the problem:

- Asus F3SV laptop running Vista Ultimate SP1 32 bit, 2GB RAM, Core 2 CPU
- Wordfast build 5.92g in demo mode (would love to purchase, but cannot until I get this probl
... See more
Hi,

I'm using Wordfast Classic on Word 2007 and can't get Word to stop crashing - every 5 to 15 minutes Word collapses, and I have to restart and use a recovered version of the document (which is often corrupted in one way or another).

Here are the details of my setup and the problem:

- Asus F3SV laptop running Vista Ultimate SP1 32 bit, 2GB RAM, Core 2 CPU
- Wordfast build 5.92g in demo mode (would love to purchase, but cannot until I get this problem sorted out...)
- Office 2007 SP2
- Problem usually occurs when pressing Alt-Down to advance to next segment.

Here’s the event that gets logged when it happens:

Event ID 1000, source: Application Error

Faulting application WINWORD.EXE, version 12.0.6425.1000, time stamp 0x49d64d22, faulting module wwlib.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, time stamp 0x49d64e1b, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x002a3033, process id 0x92c, application start time 0x01cba014a9b84c84.

(I have also seen it crash on mso.dll when another, non-Wordfast file was open)

I have tried the following to solve the problem:

- Uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007 (several times).
- Removed all other copies of Office on the computer (Office 2010 trial was also installed at first)
- Manually uninstalled all traces of Office before reinstallation, according to Microsoft's instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218
- Uninstalled and reinstalled WF (many times)
- Manually removed wordfast.dot from Word Options - Add-Ins and then reinstalled
- Turned off Vista's User Account Control
- Uninstalled WF Pro
- Verified that my TM and glossary files are encoded as Unicode (I translate Hebrew English)
- Reformatted and reloaded the computer – still the problem recurs.

Other notes:
- Problem occurs regardless of whether all PB options are disabled, or some enabled
- No other Word add-ins installed.
- Trust Settings are as described in the Wordfast Readme file.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,
Gadi
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast crashes repeatedly

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »