Michael Moskowitz
Michael Moskowitz  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:28
Członek ProZ.com
od 2004

rosyjski > angielski
+ ...
Jan 10, 2011

Has anyone figured out a way to enable drag-n-drop editing in WF Pro? It is extremely annoying to continuously repeat CtrlX/CtrlV. If this feature really does not exist in WF Pro, is there a way to communicate with the developers about adding it? Personally, I think this would improve the product quite a bit.

[Edited at 2011-01-10 11:27 GMT]

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
USA
angielski > francuski
+ ...
Alt + F12 Jan 10, 2011

I assume you are talking about Wf Classic (although, AFAIK, WF Pro supports most of the same shortcuts).
1) Alt+F12 will copy the selected text at the end of the open segment, but not from the segment itself.
2) The best way to "communicate with the developpers" is to join the Wordfast group at Yahoo groups, in which YC is active on a daily basis. One of the wordfast groups, actually, there are several groups in various languages. YC is active in the English one, and most likely in t
... See more
I assume you are talking about Wf Classic (although, AFAIK, WF Pro supports most of the same shortcuts).
1) Alt+F12 will copy the selected text at the end of the open segment, but not from the segment itself.
2) The best way to "communicate with the developpers" is to join the Wordfast group at Yahoo groups, in which YC is active on a daily basis. One of the wordfast groups, actually, there are several groups in various languages. YC is active in the English one, and most likely in the French one too.
Collapse

NMR (X)
NMR (X)
Francja
Local time: 02:28
francuski > niderlandzki
+ ...
Why do you copy? Jan 10, 2011

If there are lots of things to be copied (proper names, figures, ...) you can use the Copy Source when No Match setting, and then just translate the words which have to be translated.
(if the source text is litterature, on the contrary, this option is of no use).

Jean Lachaud
Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
USA
angielski > francuski
+ ...
Ooops Jan 10, 2011

Sorry, I had missed the "Pro" in your message. Please change my reference to the Yahoo Group to Wordfast Pro, and note that the developper (Yasmin Moslem) is on this group.

Krzysztof Kożurno
Krzysztof Kożurno  Identity Verified
Polska
angielski > polski
+ ...
no drag & drop? Mar 15, 2013

Hard to believe there is no drag&drop support.
It's like DOS software.
Surprisingly, I have also found it is simply not there.

Michael Moskowitz wrote:

Has anyone figured out a way to enable drag-n-drop editing in WF Pro? It is extremely annoying to continuously repeat CtrlX/CtrlV. If this feature really does not exist in WF Pro, is there a way to communicate with the developers about adding it? Personally, I think this would improve the product quite a bit.

[Edited at 2011-01-10 11:27 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holandia
Local time: 02:28
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > afrikaans
+ ...
WFP has no drag-and-drop editing Mar 15, 2013

big_fish wrote:
Hard to believe there is no drag&drop support.

Confirmed in the latest version of WFP -- you can't even drag selected text within the same cell, let alone from somewhere else. And you can forget about dragging selected text from other applications (e.g. your browser) into a WFP cell. But... isn't that a problem with all Java programs?

OmegaT doesn't have it either (although in OmegaT you *can* drag selected text from an external program into the edit pane).

Александр Кормановский (X)
Александр Кормановский (X)
Rosja
Local time: 07:28
rosyjski > niemiecki
+ ...
Promised Mar 19, 2013

Already asked and answered here: http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/223424-wordfast_pro_30_available_now-page2.html#1934899 and somewhere else.
Waiting for WFP 4...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro: Drag-and-drop editing

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »