Peter Guest  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 11:24
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

kataloński > angielski
+ ...
Jan 31, 2011

I have read the in-line help but I cannot discover how to align documents in wordfast pro. The instructions say open wordfast aligner. Where is it? Can anyone help

Peter Guest
Peter Guest  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 11:24
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

kataloński > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Please Forget it. Jan 31, 2011

aligner is not available for Mac.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Tajlandia
Local time: 16:24
angielski > tajski
+ ...
WordFast Classic Jan 31, 2011

I use WordFast Classic + Plustools (another template added to MS Word, both on PCs and Macintosh machines) to align in WordFast, not available in WordFast Pro, as I know. Or the later version of WFP contains aligning software?

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:24
fiński > francuski
Try the aligner in Wordfast Anywhere Jan 31, 2011

You are correct, the aligner in Wordfast Pro is only available on the Windows platform. You could try the aligner in Wordfast Anywhere. Since it's browser-based, it should work on your Mac.

Leonardo MILANI
Leonardo MILANI  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:24
francuski > portugalski
+ ...
Wordfast Anywhere works, with some conversions Jan 3, 2012

Hi Dom and folks,

I tried the WF Anywhere Aligner and it worked fine for me. As you don't have this usual post-alignment correction screen (like in WF Pro, Windows based), I was wandering how did WF Anywhere manage to suceed so well in aligning all my segments, because I founded no error in his work - all the aligned segments were right.

I did'nt find a way to produce a resulting segmented text file (a .doc uncleanned resulting segmented file, as it can be produced in W
... See more
Hi Dom and folks,

I tried the WF Anywhere Aligner and it worked fine for me. As you don't have this usual post-alignment correction screen (like in WF Pro, Windows based), I was wandering how did WF Anywhere manage to suceed so well in aligning all my segments, because I founded no error in his work - all the aligned segments were right.

I did'nt find a way to produce a resulting segmented text file (a .doc uncleanned resulting segmented file, as it can be produced in WF Classic), which should have been usefull for me (cleanning it with my own TM on this project, I can add those segments directly to that TM - I ended by adding them manually, by editing directly the .txt file).

Anyway, for those who will try to do the same, on a Mac, let me just warn you about the resulting extracted TM file sended by WF Anywhere to you by mail, which is in a certain Windows text condification. You will need to search which format will apply correctly for you to have the text without conversion accentuation codes.

I will take an example from the project I was working on (names are replaced by XXXX).

What I mean is: if you open your TM .txt file by clicking on it directly on Finder, you will have
========================

20120102~192902 0 FR Le PrÈsident ouvre la sÈance du Conseil et donne la parole ‡ XXXX pour la prÈsentation de l'environnement macroÈconomique brÈsilien. PT O Presidente abre a sess„o do Conselho e passa a palavra para XXXXXXX, para que apresente o ambiente macroeconÙmico brasileiro. 90

========================

So you need to open it from the Text Editor app (open the Text Editor First, and the go to File-Open and browse to the TM file - do not click directly on the file via Finder) and, in the same Open dialog, choose "Occidental (Latin Widows 1)" conversion (this one worked fo me, you can try UTF-8 too). This gaves me this text, which is the expected one:
========================

20120102~192902 0 FR Le Président ouvre la séance du Conseil et donne la parole à XXXX pour la présentation de l'environnement macroéconomique brésilien. PT O Presidente abre a sessão do Conselho e passa a palavra para XXXXX, para que apresente o ambiente macroeconômico brasileiro. 90

========================

And then, you save as..., choosing UTF-8 or "Occidental (Mac OS Roman)" conversion. This allow you to use WF on your Mac, with a well converted text TM - no accent codes.
Ufh!

Hope this helps.

Leo
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:24
fiński > francuski
Do report this on the WFA list Jan 3, 2012

Leonardo MILANI wrote:
Anyway, for those who will try to do the same, on a Mac, let me just warn you about the resulting extracted TM file sended by WF Anywhere to you by mail, which is in a certain Windows text condification. You will need to search which format will apply correctly for you to have the text without conversion accentuation codes.

You may want to report this on the WFA list, so the developers are aware of the issue. Maybe something can be done about it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro alignment

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »