Autor wątku: Arabicaso (X)
Arabicaso (X)
Arabicaso (X)  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 12:27
angielski > arabski
+ ...
Feb 8, 2011

While working on English-Arabic translation projects in WF 2.4.1, I'm unable to add a new note or create a new terms or MT files in English as WF insists on using the Arabic keyboard/letters even if I switch the keyboard to EN before or during the data entry process.

Is this a bug in WF or there's a workaround to this weird behavior?

Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 13:27
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Same problem with other languages Feb 8, 2011

Hi

I don't use Arabic keyboards, but one of the "problems" in Wordfast is that it doesn't recognize the keyboards you choose from the task bar, you have to change keyboards using a key combination while in Wordfast.

To do this you have to set a key combination for the keyboards, I don't remember how to do it in Windowx XP, but Windows 7 by default has it set at Alt(left)+Shift , so if you have windows 7 while in wordfast press that key combination and that will switch b
... See more
Hi

I don't use Arabic keyboards, but one of the "problems" in Wordfast is that it doesn't recognize the keyboards you choose from the task bar, you have to change keyboards using a key combination while in Wordfast.

To do this you have to set a key combination for the keyboards, I don't remember how to do it in Windowx XP, but Windows 7 by default has it set at Alt(left)+Shift , so if you have windows 7 while in wordfast press that key combination and that will switch between keyboards.

If you have XP I think you have to look in the control panel for your regional settings and change your keyboard settings, but I'm sure you can find it on the Internet

[Edited at 2011-02-08 01:15 GMT]
Collapse

Arabicaso (X)
Arabicaso (X)  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 12:27
angielski > arabski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Restarting WF solves this issue! Feb 8, 2011

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your assistance. I've already used the key combination for the keyboard to switch between keyboards/languages, and the language bar shows that the language is changed (EN/AR) but Wordfast still recognizes AR (or the target language) only in all input fields and windows. However, closing all open files and restarting WF seems to solve this issue even if I switch the keyboards from the taskbar !!

The only workaround if you encounter this error - and d
... See more
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your assistance. I've already used the key combination for the keyboard to switch between keyboards/languages, and the language bar shows that the language is changed (EN/AR) but Wordfast still recognizes AR (or the target language) only in all input fields and windows. However, closing all open files and restarting WF seems to solve this issue even if I switch the keyboards from the taskbar !!

The only workaround if you encounter this error - and don't want to restart WF - is to use Notepad to enter the desired text and then copy/paste it in WF fields
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language Switching Error!

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »