USA
Local time: 05:34
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

angielski > niderlandzki
+ ...
May 3, 2011

Hello all,

I started having a glossary removal problem with WFP 2.4.1 (Build id: 20110120-1215). Also occasionaly creating new ones, but that seems to have been resolved again.

After removing a glossary and confirming, apply, OK, I get a message: An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

Does anyone know exactly where I can find this error log and what useful information I might be able to find there? I see something like logs in _gsdata and
... See more
Hello all,

I started having a glossary removal problem with WFP 2.4.1 (Build id: 20110120-1215). Also occasionaly creating new ones, but that seems to have been resolved again.

After removing a glossary and confirming, apply, OK, I get a message: An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

Does anyone know exactly where I can find this error log and what useful information I might be able to find there? I see something like logs in _gsdata and .metadata, but what next?

Alternatively, can I just remove this glossary from the .wf_workspace\glossaries folder?

On another note: does someone have more info on portability of the WFP environment? Currently I am syncing this .wf_workspace folder on a USB stick, which is cumbersome but seems to work. Or might this be causing the issue that I am experiencing?

Thanks
Lianne
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 11:34
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

francuski > angielski
+ ...
Glossary deletion May 16, 2011

Dear Lianne,

I have been having the same problem and would like some feedback before deleting glossaries via the .wf_workspace\glossaries folder

Are you on a Mac?

I just tried again on the latest release of WF Pro 2.4.2 20110421-1615

I don't think you're synchronization USB key is causing the problem.

Best,

John Di Rico
... See more
Dear Lianne,

I have been having the same problem and would like some feedback before deleting glossaries via the .wf_workspace\glossaries folder

Are you on a Mac?

I just tried again on the latest release of WF Pro 2.4.2 20110421-1615

I don't think you're synchronization USB key is causing the problem.

Best,

John Di Rico
Wordfast trainer
www.wordfast.fr
Collapse

Lianne van de Ven
Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 05:34
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

angielski > niderlandzki
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
No answer May 16, 2011

Hi John,

I don't have any useful answer. I do export the glossaries before deleting from the workspace what seems or has become obsolete or disorganized, to make sure I have it as a txt or cvs.
I use windows.

Lianne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFP not deleting old glossary

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »