Autor wątku: Sarah Port
Sarah Port
Sarah Port  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:24
niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
May 9, 2011

Hello,

I have a licensed version of Wordfast Classic and am using a large TM of approx. 800,000 TUs. However, when I click the 'Next' icon on the Wordfast toolbar to open the first segment and start translating the screen freezes every time and I get the error message 'reloading TM index: done'. I have tried saving the file in both Word 97-2003 and Word 2007 formats but the problem still occurs no matter what I do.

I have looked at previous messages on the forum to try
... See more
Hello,

I have a licensed version of Wordfast Classic and am using a large TM of approx. 800,000 TUs. However, when I click the 'Next' icon on the Wordfast toolbar to open the first segment and start translating the screen freezes every time and I get the error message 'reloading TM index: done'. I have tried saving the file in both Word 97-2003 and Word 2007 formats but the problem still occurs no matter what I do.

I have looked at previous messages on the forum to try and find a solution but with no luck.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 12:24
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

fiński > niemiecki
+ ...
Why don't you try the latest version May 10, 2011

There have been many improvements since. I use 5.61k, but have no Word older than 2002.

Have you re-organised your TM? You could export and re-import via tmx-format.
With your license you can also use WFP.

[Bearbeitet am 2011-05-10 04:52 GMT]

Sarah Port
Sarah Port  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:24
niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Problem now solved May 10, 2011

Many thanks for your input, Heinrich.

I have now solved the problem. It was simply a case of waiting about ten minutes or so for the screen to unfreeze so that I could start working with the TM. It guess this is due to the fact that it is such a large memory.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 5.60z crashing in Word 97-2003 and Word 2007

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »