Autor wątku: Henning Holthusen
Henning Holthusen
Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Filipiny
Local time: 17:35
angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
May 19, 2011

After an hour of going through the menus, the help file and the internet, I am unable to figure out how to import any kind of file into a local TM.

Incredibly, there is neither an obvious button for this routine function nor is there apparently any kind of entry in the help file. Due to the many posts regarding specific Trados/Wordfast issues, it is impossible to find anything on the web.

Where is the import function in Wordfast?

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 10:35
francuski > angielski
+ ...
TMX file? May 19, 2011

Hello Henning,

If your file is a standard tmx export file, you should just be able to open it with Wordfast. Put it into your TM folder, slect it as normal using the Open TM function and it should convert automatically to a standard Wordfast text TM without you having to do anything.

Good luck!

Claire

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Holandia
Local time: 11:35
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

angielski > afrikaans
+ ...
Two questions May 19, 2011

Henning Holthusen wrote:
After an hour of going through the menus, the help file and the internet, I am unable to figure out how to import any kind of file into a local TM.

Which version of Wordfast?
What format is your TM?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:35
fiński > francuski
You can also merge a TMX into an existing Wordfast TM May 19, 2011

Claire's procedure is for converting a TMX into a Wordfast TM.

If you want to import the content of a TMX into an existing Wordfast TM, you can use the Merge function, found in the data editor (2nd icon from the right on the toolbar). Make sure the TM tab is active, select Tools > Special filters > Merge current TM with other TMs.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I import a TM-Export into a TM?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »