Anne Carnot  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 11:14
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

angielski > francuski
Dec 15, 2011

Hi everyone,

I seem to be having a problem with Wordfast Classic: each time I try to clean my document (about 30 pages), WF cleans 97% of the document, then stops answering. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, but it only managed to go from 94% to 97%... Quickclean works, but that's not really a solution to my problem...
Thanks in advance for your help in this matter!

Anne

[Edited at 2011-12-15 17:08 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:14
fiński > francuski
Version info? Dec 15, 2011

Anne Carnot wrote:
I seem to be having a problem with Wordfast Classic: each time I try to clean my document (about 30 pages), WF cleans 97% of the document, then stops answering. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software, but it only managed to go from 94% to 97%... Quickclean works, but that's not really a solution to my problem...

Is this on Windows or Mac? What versions of Word and Wordfast? Does it occur only with this particular document, or with every document? Does it make a difference whether or not you choose to update the TM?

Anne Carnot
Francja
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

angielski > francuski
NOWY TEMAT
6.01g / Windows Dec 15, 2011

Hi Dominique,

I have version 6.01g, on Windows. I just tried with another smaller document, and it worked fine, so I suppose the problem could come from my document. I tried to rename it, and to rename the TM, but it made no difference... as you suggested, I tried to clean the document without updating the TM, and it got stuck again at 97%...

I must say I'm really useless when it comes to computer software... See more
Hi Dominique,

I have version 6.01g, on Windows. I just tried with another smaller document, and it worked fine, so I suppose the problem could come from my document. I tried to rename it, and to rename the TM, but it made no difference... as you suggested, I tried to clean the document without updating the TM, and it got stuck again at 97%...

I must say I'm really useless when it comes to computer software
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:14
fiński > francuski
Send it in private if you can... Dec 15, 2011

Anne Carnot wrote:

If you can send it to me in private, I could try to see if it would clean up on my side...

neilmac
neilmac
Hiszpania
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Keep us posted Dec 16, 2011

Anne Carnot wrote:

Hi Dominique,

I must say I'm really useless when it comes to computer software

I'm no WF whizzkid either. Dominique sounds like a true gentleman. Please let us know how you get on and how you eventually find the solution.

nordiste
nordiste  Identity Verified
Francja
angielski > francuski
+ ...
QA issue ? Dec 16, 2011

Have you run QA on the document ? Maybe there are too many errors like missing tags.

Did you check if the TM was partially updated ? Knowing at which segment it stopped could help solve the problem.

Anne Carnot
Francja
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

angielski > francuski
NOWY TEMAT
Thanks! Dec 16, 2011

Dominique Pivard wrote:

If you can send it to me in private, I could try to see if it would clean up on my side...

Thanks for your offer Dominique! I'll send it to you, but I think the problem might be in the document itself, as I tried to clean another very similar document and it worked fine... I'll keep you posted

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast can't finish cleaning..

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »