How to copy hidden text with [..] and @..@?
Autor wątku: Gill Zschunke
Gill Zschunke
Gill Zschunke
Francja
Local time: 11:22
francuski > angielski
+ ...
Mar 2, 2012

Hello,

I am translating a word (.doc) document using Wordfast Classic in Word 2007 and have two problems

1. I have to leave certain hidden text enclosed by [......] or @....@ as is (i.e. copied into the target document in hidden format and with its enclosing square brackets or @ signs).
If anyone could help, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Gill

[Edited at 2012-03-02 12:28 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-03-02 12:29
... See more
Hello,

I am translating a word (.doc) document using Wordfast Classic in Word 2007 and have two problems

1. I have to leave certain hidden text enclosed by [......] or @....@ as is (i.e. copied into the target document in hidden format and with its enclosing square brackets or @ signs).
If anyone could help, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

Gill

[Edited at 2012-03-02 12:28 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-03-02 12:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-03-02 12:29 GMT]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:22
fiński > francuski
Apply the tw4winInternal style Mar 3, 2012

Gill Zschunke wrote:

1. I have to leave certain hidden text enclosed by [ ] or @....@ as is (i.e. copied into the target document in hidden format and with its enclosing square brackets or @ signs).

Here is how I would do it: I would create a character-based style called tw4winInternal. I would then use the following find/replace command to apply that style to everything between brackets:

Use a similar command to apply the same style to everything between @.

Text formatted with the tw4winInternal style will be treated as placeable, which means you can copy it to target with Ctrl+Alt+Right/Ctrl+Alt+Down. Here is what your translation session will look like:

Once your translation is complete, you can use find/replace to remove the style and apply the hidden attribute instead.

Jing Nie
Jing Nie
Chiny
Local time: 17:22
Członek ProZ.com
od 2011

angielski > chiński
+ ...
Great solution Mar 3, 2012

In fact, I also met the same problem many times and do not know how to solve it. I will use your solution in future.
Dominique Pivard wrote:

Gill Zschunke wrote:

1. I have to leave certain hidden text enclosed by [ ] or @....@ as is (i.e. copied into the target document in hidden format and with its enclosing square brackets or @ signs).

Here is how I would do it: I would create a character-based style called tw4winInternal. I would then use the following find/replace command to apply that style to everything between brackets:

Use a similar command to apply the same style to everything between @.

Text formatted with the tw4winInternal style will be treated as placeable, which means you can copy it to target with Ctrl+Alt+Right/Ctrl+Alt+Down. Here is what your translation session will look like:

Once your translation is complete, you can use find/replace to remove the style and apply the hidden attribute instead.

Gill Zschunke
Gill Zschunke
Francja
Local time: 11:22
francuski > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
wonderful, thanks! Mar 5, 2012

Many thanks for your help, Dominique! Will try this.

Gill

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to copy hidden text with [..] and @..@?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »