Indie
Local time: 14:47
Członek ProZ.com
od 2008

angielski > hindi
+ ...
Apr 27, 2012

Hi experts,

I translated two txml files and only a few segments were left in one of the two files. These files were sent to me by my client and were not created by me from Word files. I duly saved them before closing. When I opened the incomplete file after some time, I was surprised to know that the translation had vanished from most of the segments. And in the other file, nothing is left except the source text. I have checked that the translation is available in txt memory file
... See more
Hi experts,

I translated two txml files and only a few segments were left in one of the two files. These files were sent to me by my client and were not created by me from Word files. I duly saved them before closing. When I opened the incomplete file after some time, I was surprised to know that the translation had vanished from most of the segments. And in the other file, nothing is left except the source text. I have checked that the translation is available in txt memory file but when I try to use the memory to translate the segments which I have already translated, it does not reproduce the translation.

I use 2.3.0 version of Wordfast Pro. I have specific reasons to use it.

I have noticed that translation has not disappeared in respect of the segments which have placeables.

Could you please suggest what exactly is wrong and what should I do? It has never happened to me earlier and I am easily using it for the last one and half year.

I look forward to your advice.

Regards,

Chopra

[Edited at 2012-04-27 02:41 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text disappeared from a txml file in Wordfast Pro

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »