WF Pro: is it possible to track changes?
Autor wątku: pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
angielski > włoski
+ ...
Apr 30, 2012

From time to time I have to show the translator my changes in the TXML file during the proofreading phase.
I'd like to know if there's a way to track these changes in Wf Pro 3, in a similar way as the track changes featuree of MsWord does.

Anne Bohy
Anne Bohy  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 05:20
angielski > francuski
Workarounds... Apr 30, 2012

You can unconfirm the segments where you make changes, you can also add a note to a translation unit. This way, during the finalization, the translation can quickly jump (in the Outline) from one "uncomfirmed" or "note" to the next.
Personnally, when I get back the proofread version, if I really want to know what has been altered (and I do want, usually), I do a TM look-up on the source text.
A "track changes" would be nice, but... it has an overhead, so I don't know if it's worth it
... See more
You can unconfirm the segments where you make changes, you can also add a note to a translation unit. This way, during the finalization, the translation can quickly jump (in the Outline) from one "uncomfirmed" or "note" to the next.
Personnally, when I get back the proofread version, if I really want to know what has been altered (and I do want, usually), I do a TM look-up on the source text.
A "track changes" would be nice, but... it has an overhead, so I don't know if it's worth it.
Collapse

pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
angielski > włoski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Another workaround Apr 30, 2012

Thank you for your reply.
I am currently using this workaround: I preview the TXML in Word before the proofreading and then after. Finally, I use the "compare" feature in Word to get a tracked changed version of the pre-proof preview.

It's just time consuming to add comments and note, and I am not happy with my workaround, either.

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 05:20
Członek ProZ.com
od 2006

francuski > angielski
+ ...
Use the bilingual review feature in the PM perspective Apr 30, 2012

Check it out! It's new in WF Pro 3.0: bilingual review of RTF export, can add comments as well, then recreate TXML file, clean and save translated file.

Good luck,

John

pcs_MCIL
pcs_MCIL
angielski > włoski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Super Apr 30, 2012

Thanks John!

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 06:20
angielski > arabski
Track Changes Apr 30, 2012

Dear Paola,

The TrackChanges feature is being implemented in Wordfast Pro.

In the meanwhile, you have two options:

1- To use the "Bilingual Review" feature, as John suggested, which I agree with you that it is a super feature.

2- To use an external freeware application called ChangeTracker, which supports TXML as well:
http://www.change-tracker.com/
... See more
Dear Paola,

The TrackChanges feature is being implemented in Wordfast Pro.

In the meanwhile, you have two options:

1- To use the "Bilingual Review" feature, as John suggested, which I agree with you that it is a super feature.

2- To use an external freeware application called ChangeTracker, which supports TXML as well:
http://www.change-tracker.com/

HTH,
Yasmin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro: is it possible to track changes?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »