Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 23:15
angielski > francuski
+ ...
May 15, 2012

Hi

I have translated PDFs from Wordfast before with no problem but this one PDF doc seems to load only the first page onto wordfast.
I tried saving the translated file (which then appears with the whole 2p text in word format) but when I try to load the text from the new format: .pdf.doc) (given by wordfast to the translated file), it still only shows the first page on Wordfast.
It is a small text so I will select and copy source eventually but I wonder what I could do
... See more
Hi

I have translated PDFs from Wordfast before with no problem but this one PDF doc seems to load only the first page onto wordfast.
I tried saving the translated file (which then appears with the whole 2p text in word format) but when I try to load the text from the new format: .pdf.doc) (given by wordfast to the translated file), it still only shows the first page on Wordfast.
It is a small text so I will select and copy source eventually but I wonder what I could do if this were a large PDF with many pages. It seems to me previous versions of wordfast rendered a finished whole pdf as "saved translated file"
Thanks
Ode

Using Wordfast pro 2.4.4

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:03 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-05-15 15:04 GMT]
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 06:15
angielski > arabski
Image? May 15, 2012

Dear Ode,

Could the second page be an image? On the PDF file, can you select one or two words from the second page?

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Odette Grille (X)
Odette Grille (X)  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 23:15
angielski > francuski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Image plus text May 18, 2012

Hello Yasmin,

For some reason I did not get your answer through my mail and only saw it now (May 18th).
Job was canceled. But you are right there was an image and text over it that I could not select.
Thank you
Ode

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PDF loads only 1 page

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »