Wordfast Anywhere - not finding matches in the TM
Autor wątku: pj-ffm
pj-ffm
pj-ffm
Local time: 09:34
niemiecki > angielski
May 25, 2012

This is driving me nuts!

Background: I am a WF Classic user since 2004, but am currently working on a project that involves multiple text boxes, and WFC does not deal with these efficiently.

Anyway, I decided to give WFA a chance, and having uploaded my glossary and TM have been using it for the past few days.

- Many of the files I'm translating are built identically and have sections that are exactly repeated.
- Most of the time it finds these and th
... See more
This is driving me nuts!

Background: I am a WF Classic user since 2004, but am currently working on a project that involves multiple text boxes, and WFC does not deal with these efficiently.

Anyway, I decided to give WFA a chance, and having uploaded my glossary and TM have been using it for the past few days.

- Many of the files I'm translating are built identically and have sections that are exactly repeated.
- Most of the time it finds these and they show up green. All fine.
- Infuriatingly, some phrases that I've already translated in previous documents are simply not found, and instead it suggests an incorrect machine translation (with the usual 75%) that I then have to correct. Again. And again. And again....
- I can find now way to "reorganise" or edit the TM like you can with WFC in case something has gone wrong.

I thought maybe it was due to it taking a while to update on the server, but other, more recently added TUs are being found and used correctly.

What's going on here??

Thanks in advance...
Pete.
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:34
fiński > francuski
Report WFA problems on the dedicated mailing list May 25, 2012

There is a dedicated mailing list for WFA:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_anywhere/

It's where you should report any problems related to WFA. The developers hang out there, not here.

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:34
fiński > francuski
To the moderator: can we make this a sticky? May 25, 2012

Dominique Pivard wrote:
There is a dedicated mailing list for WFA:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast_anywhere/

It's where you should report any problems related to WFA. The developers hang out there, not here.

To the attention of the moderator: can we make this a "sticky"? This matter comes up so often the above should be a sticky, like those found on the SDL forum. Thanks in advance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Anywhere - not finding matches in the TM

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »