Autor wątku: Julia Campbell Hamilton
Julia Campbell Hamilton
Julia Campbell Hamilton  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 08:36
włoski > angielski
+ ...
May 31, 2012

Duly warned that my licence was expiring today, I have been trying for two days to:

"License or relicense a Wordfast application (free and immediate if your license is within validity period)
Wordfast Professional or Wordfast Classic" on wordfast.net.

i was sent an email with license delivery, installed it on my Wordfast Pro, was told that installation was successful but - I kept being advised that my licence was about to expire every time I opened Wordfast!
... See more
Duly warned that my licence was expiring today, I have been trying for two days to:

"License or relicense a Wordfast application (free and immediate if your license is within validity period)
Wordfast Professional or Wordfast Classic" on wordfast.net.

i was sent an email with license delivery, installed it on my Wordfast Pro, was told that installation was successful but - I kept being advised that my licence was about to expire every time I opened Wordfast!

Today is May 31st - Expiry Day! - and I'm being told I must now purchase licence renewal, as the licence has expired.

can anyone help?
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:36
fiński > francuski
Renew your license May 31, 2012

Julia Campbell Hamilton wrote:
can anyone help?

Proceed as follows:
1. Log in to your account at wordfast.net (I had your credentials sent to you, just in case)
2. Select Renew or upgrade a license

If you pay for your renewal by credit card, it should only take a few hours before it is effective. If you use another mean (eg. bank transfer), it can take a few days. If so, contact the hotline, which will extend the validity of your license by a few days so as to keep you going.

Once your license has been renewed, you will need to request a new license file (.lic) and use it to relicense your copy of Wordfast Pro, as per the detailed instructions

Julia Campbell Hamilton
Wielka Brytania
włoski > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Wordfast licence - why free yesterday but today I must buy it? May 31, 2012

Thank you Dominique, but what I still don't understand is that, on the 29th and 30th of May i could apparently renew my license for free. which I was told I had done successfully.

But now, 31st May, I have to pay for it?

J.

Dominique Pivard
fiński > francuski
License agreement May 31, 2012

Thank you Dominique, but what I still don't understand is that, on the 29th and 30th of May i could apparently renew my license for free. which I was told I had done successfully.
But now, 31st May, I have to pay for it?

You have gotten a warning that your license was about to expire, I don't think that warning stated you could renew it for free. Please have a look at the license agreement:

I. LICENSE PERIOD
The License Period commences upon purchase date of the license and continues for 3 years from date of purchase. To renew a license after the initial three-year period, the cost will be 50% of the full list price of a new license at the time of the license renewal; that renewed license will also be valid for an additional three years.

Julia Campbell Hamilton
Wielka Brytania
włoski > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Thanks for clear reply - but is Wordfast site clear? Jun 1, 2012

It is now clear to me (and quite reasonable) that, after a 3-year period, the license must be renewed and paid for.

What confused me was:

1) on wordfast.net there is an option to:

2) when I used the .lic file sent me, I was told that installation had been successful.

But thanks again for your assistance.

Dominique Pivard
fiński > francuski
Relicense vs. renew Jun 1, 2012

What confused me was:
1) on wordfast.net there is an option to:
2) when I used the .lic file sent me, I was told that installation had been successful.

You probably did 1) and 2) on or before 30-May-2012, ie. while your license was still valid. But if you select Help > About Wordfast, you should be told your license is only valid until 30-May-2012. So if you do this today (1-Jun-2012), it should tell your license has expired and you're in demo mode.

License/relicense is what some other tools call activation. This is something you typically do once on every computer. If you get a new computer and your license is still valid, you would do it for that new computer. The difference with some other tools is that Wordfast doesn't require you to "return" licenses from computers you no longer use Wordfast with.

Renew is what you do after the three-year period has come to an end.

Licensing/relicensing is a technical operation and doesn't cost anything. You can do it at any time, as long as your license is valid. Renewing is a monetary operation: you normally do it only once every three years and it allows you to license/relicense (at any time during the renewed three-year period).,

Julia Campbell Hamilton
Wielka Brytania
włoski > angielski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
All now clear! Jun 4, 2012

Thank you Dominique.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro on Mac - re-licencing problem

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »