Autor wątku: wiltom
wiltom
wiltom
Francja
Local time: 00:06
francuski > angielski
Jun 11, 2012

Hello,

Sorry if this question has already been asked but I couldn't find it.

I have a PDF document generated by Adobe Illustrator. How can I open this document in Wordfast?

rpr
rpr  Identity Verified
Dania
niemiecki > duński
+ ...
not directly Jun 11, 2012

You will not be able to open a PDF in Wordfast Classic, it is a macro (or at set of macros) running under MS word.

You are however able to open it under the (free) service from Wordfast => http://freetm.com/

Here you will have the possibility to upload and convert a PDF to Word / RTF.

I've done it af few times, at it works well for me - deepening on the type of PDF..
... See more
You will not be able to open a PDF in Wordfast Classic, it is a macro (or at set of macros) running under MS word.

You are however able to open it under the (free) service from Wordfast => http://freetm.com/

Here you will have the possibility to upload and convert a PDF to Word / RTF.

I've done it af few times, at it works well for me - deepening on the type of PDF..

/ Rolf
Collapse

wiltom
wiltom
Francja
francuski > angielski
NOWY TEMAT
Wordfast Pro? Jun 11, 2012

Thank you rpr,

I'm not too familiar with Wordfast Anywhere, I really should take the time to have a proper look. Is there a way to upload the PDF into Wordfast Pro?

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 01:06
angielski > arabski
Editable PDF file Sep 4, 2012

wiltom wrote:

Is there a way to upload the PDF into Wordfast Pro?

Just go to WF Pro > File menu > Open File. As long as you are on Windows, this is the way.

HTH,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating Illustrator PDF in Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »