Terminology recognition
Autor wątku: Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:29
fiński > francuski
Aug 19, 2012

I'm moving this discussion to a new thread, since glossary issues are separate from TM issues anyway.
Tony M wrote:
I have similar problems with the glossary: it quite often fails to mark a 100% match as a placeable, even when I am SURE I had entered it in the glossary; and lo and behold! when I try and enter it into the glossary, it tells me 'XXX already in glossary — do you want to add it anyway?' I have often wondered if it was associated with surrounding punctuation etc., but I have seen it in enough instances now where the word was perfectly 'clean' with spaces either side of it; sometimes, if the same word occurs more than once in the segement, it will mark it some times and not others — again no repeatability as to whether it marks only the first / last instance, etc. It just seems as if when it has rather a lot of work to do, the poor old gloss just gets careless and misses things!

Another gloss problem I get is when I have multiple translations for the same term in the gloss, but it doesn't seem to find them all the time; usually, if there is more than one translation, a window pops up with a list of the terms in the relevant part of the glossary, so I can choose; but soemtimes, this doesn't happen, even if I know for sure (and have checked!) that there are indeed multiple translations available in the glossary. Is there a way to step through the available translations using a k/b shortcut (like with Alt + → / ← for TUs), instead of always having to wait for the list to come up and then select from it?

Please provide concrete examples of source segments in which terms present in a glossary fail to be recognized by Wordfast. Also mention which type of TR you are using in Wordfast: MFTR or AFTR. See the manual if you don't know what these mean. For optimal results, MFTR should be used. This may require you enter source terms in a special format in your glossary.

[Edited at 2012-08-19 20:44 GMT]

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology recognition

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »