Autor wątku: Jacek Sierakowski
Jacek Sierakowski
Jacek Sierakowski
Belgia
Local time: 09:34
angielski > francuski
+ ...
Nov 24, 2012

Error message: "Error while saving file. There was a problem aligning document." I work with WF Pro 3.1.
Thank you.

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egipt
Local time: 10:34
angielski > arabski
Transcheck Nov 24, 2012

Dear Jacek,

Please check the TXML file and see if there are any missing or mismatched placeables. You can run TransCheck on Placeables (Edit > Preferences > TransCheck > select Placeables (Apply)) and then use the toolbar button TransCheck; insert and correct the missing or the mismatched placeables.

If the problem persists, please open a fresh copy of the source file in Wordfast Pro and pre-translate using the toolbar button Translate All. Please NEVER use Expand/Shrin
... See more
Dear Jacek,

Please check the TXML file and see if there are any missing or mismatched placeables. You can run TransCheck on Placeables (Edit > Preferences > TransCheck > select Placeables (Apply)) and then use the toolbar button TransCheck; insert and correct the missing or the mismatched placeables.

If the problem persists, please open a fresh copy of the source file in Wordfast Pro and pre-translate using the toolbar button Translate All. Please NEVER use Expand/Shrink Segment after pre-translating.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin
Collapse

Jacek Sierakowski
Jacek Sierakowski
Belgia
angielski > francuski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Same error Nov 25, 2012

Dear Yasmin,

I did all this, nothing's changed.

Kind regards.

Yasmin Moslem
Egipt
angielski > arabski
Files Nov 25, 2012

Dear Jacek,

source file + txml in private, please.

Yasmin Moslem
Egipt
angielski > arabski
badly formatted footnote Nov 25, 2012

Dear Jacek,

The problem was rather in the file you sent as the footnote (on page No. 5) is separated from its number with a paragraph mark, and this does not seem familiar. When you correct the source file by just removing the additional paragraph mark in the footnote, the problem is solved.

Rename the old TXML file, open the corrected DOC in WFP, and pre-translate it using the toolbar button Translate All.

So, you should not have such problem with any othe
... See more
Dear Jacek,

The problem was rather in the file you sent as the footnote (on page No. 5) is separated from its number with a paragraph mark, and this does not seem familiar. When you correct the source file by just removing the additional paragraph mark in the footnote, the problem is solved.

Rename the old TXML file, open the corrected DOC in WFP, and pre-translate it using the toolbar button Translate All.

So, you should not have such problem with any other properly formatted footnotes.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin
Collapse

Jacek Sierakowski
Jacek Sierakowski
Belgia
angielski > francuski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Indeed Nov 25, 2012

How did you manage to notice this? It works now.

Thanks a lot Yasmin.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save translated file

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »