od 2007

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Nov 30, 2012

Hello,

am using WF Pro/Classic 2.4.2
Windows XP Professional
MS Word 2003

Have been using WF for 2 years now without major problems and without this problem. WF Pro is now filling target segment auomatically with source segment which is quite annoying. Never happened before.

I have never used machine translations, this is disabled.
Automatically fill target with source is also disabled.

Is there by chance a shortcut that I a
... See more
Hello,

am using WF Pro/Classic 2.4.2
Windows XP Professional
MS Word 2003

Have been using WF for 2 years now without major problems and without this problem. WF Pro is now filling target segment auomatically with source segment which is quite annoying. Never happened before.

I have never used machine translations, this is disabled.
Automatically fill target with source is also disabled.

Is there by chance a shortcut that I accidentally pressed?
How can I stop this? Any idea?

Many thanks in advance

Lolita Petriconi
Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 03:37
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

Copy Source on No match Nov 30, 2012

Hi Lolita,

When you Go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory, make sure that "copy source on no match" is not checked.

Also, I wanted to let you know that you should update your WFP version to the most current version (3.1.2), which you can download from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html . You will see that we have added several us
... See more
Hi Lolita,

When you Go to Edit > Preferences > Translation Memory, make sure that "copy source on no match" is not checked.

Also, I wanted to let you know that you should update your WFP version to the most current version (3.1.2), which you can download from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html . You will see that we have added several useful features since version 2.4.2.

Sincerely,

Kristyna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to stop WF 2.4.2 from automatically filling target with source

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »