Autor wątku: Jessie Nelson
Jessie Nelson
Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 03:24
francuski > angielski
Feb 9, 2013

Hello everyone,

OI am using Wordfast Pro, Version 3.1.3. I am trying to convert articles appearing online , so I caninsert them into Wordfast.
In this way I hope to build up the vocabulary available in my TMs.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Regards,
Jessie Nelson RN BSN

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:24
fiński > francuski
Options available Feb 10, 2013

Wordfast Pro cannot make use of monolingual documents, so your options are: 1) to find web pages (or any other material) available in two languages and align them into a translation memory, and/or 2) extract the source language terminology you're interested in from the web pages, add the corresponding target language terms and turn that into a terminology list that Wordfast could use.

You can do 1) with any of the numerous alignment tools available out there (for instance, the Wordf
... See more
Wordfast Pro cannot make use of monolingual documents, so your options are: 1) to find web pages (or any other material) available in two languages and align them into a translation memory, and/or 2) extract the source language terminology you're interested in from the web pages, add the corresponding target language terms and turn that into a terminology list that Wordfast could use.

You can do 1) with any of the numerous alignment tools available out there (for instance, the Wordfast Online Aligner included in Wordfast Anywhere). You can do 2) with an Excel table, as explained here: http://wordfast.net/wiki/Using_Excel_or_Word_Glossaries

If you want to use monolingual material for concordance search, you can use a dedicated third-party search software like Archivarius 3000 or dtSearch.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Coverting a webpage into a document usable in Wordfa

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »