Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 03:35
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

fiński > niemiecki
+ ...
Feb 20, 2013

..after forced segmentation. It works ok when I proceed from segment to segment by pressing Alt+down, but not after pressing Cntrl+Alt+down. Because the ability to jump over text that I don't need to translate is the main reason why I use WFC I probably have to revert to my 5.73 again.
Why did they change the icons? It takes time to get used to the new icons and they are not so easily recognizable as the old ones.

Marcelina Haftka
Marcelina Haftka  Identity Verified
Polska
Local time: 02:35
angielski > polski
+ ...
WFC 6.03t Concordance search Feb 20, 2013

Hello Heinrich,

In my case the concordance search for WFC 6.03t works as it should (MS Office 2003, Windows XP).
You might want to check your configuration and give more details about it (or maybe try asking your question at the yahoo group).

Good luck!
Marcelina

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
fiński > francuski
Concordance search does work in 6.03t Feb 21, 2013

First of all, ForceSegment isn't Ctrl+Alt+Down, but Shift+Alt+Down (unless the default shortcut has been modified).

Secondly, it's perfectly possible to use Shift+Alt+Down to jump over one or several segments, and then perform a concordance search with Ctrl+Alt+C in the open segment. In fact, concordance searches can be performed anywhere in Word, not necessarily in the active segment.

Thirdly, most seasoned Wordfast users use Ctrl+Alt+C rather than the toolbar i
... See more
First of all, ForceSegment isn't Ctrl+Alt+Down, but Shift+Alt+Down (unless the default shortcut has been modified).

Secondly, it's perfectly possible to use Shift+Alt+Down to jump over one or several segments, and then perform a concordance search with Ctrl+Alt+C in the open segment. In fact, concordance searches can be performed anywhere in Word, not necessarily in the active segment.

Thirdly, most seasoned Wordfast users use Ctrl+Alt+C rather than the toolbar icon. This is probably the most used shortcut after Alt+Down. Once you learn the main shortcuts, it no longer matters how the toolbar icons look like.

The reason for modifying the icons was the 2nd toolbar (the one with blueish icons, introduced for Word 2007 and later): for technical reasons, it uses standard icons that are built-in in Word, as opposed to designed by Wordfast. In certain cases (concordance search, setup), the traditional blue-green icons had to be modified to match the appearance of the new blueish icons.

[Edited at 2013-02-21 08:10 GMT]
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

fiński > niemiecki
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
But Feb 21, 2013

Yes, I should have written Shift+alt+down. But the icon does not work after forced segmentation, and the shortcut Ctrl+alt+C does not work on my system at all, I never use it.
Also Alt+Ins does not work right after forced segmentation, only after second try.
What I want to point out that all worked well in version prior to 6 on the same system. So who is to blame?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
fiński > francuski
Shortcut problems Feb 23, 2013

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
Yes, I should have written Shift+alt+down. But the icon does not work after forced segmentation, and the shortcut Ctrl+alt+C does not work on my system at all, I never use it.
Also Alt+Ins does not work right after forced segmentation, only after second try.
What I want to point out that all worked well in version prior to 6 on the same system. So who is to blame?

Ctrl+Alt+C should work in all versions. If not, it's usually due to a conflict with your graphics adapter settings (right-click on an empty area of your Desktop, select Graphics options or equivalent, navigate your way to the place where hotkeys are defined and disable them).

As to Alt+Ins not working on first try, this could be due to AutoComplete (which probably didn't exist in the older version you upgraded from). You may also want to enable one of the FirstKey... commands in Pandora's box. It's also a good idea to only keep one Word window open (the one you're translating in).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC 6.03t Concordance search does not work

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »