Autor wątku: Helena Gogelova
Helena Gogelova
Helena Gogelova  Identity Verified
Czechy
Local time: 07:16
angielski > czeski
+ ...
Jul 30, 2013

I am having troubles with the new version of Wordfast 3.2. When I start proofreading a translated txml file, after going through few segments, Wordfast gets stuck (not responding) and nothing helps and I have to close the program. I cannot get any further than to the segment where it happened for the first time.
Does anyone have the same problem? Any suggestions? I've already tried to reinstall the program twice and it didn't help. Should go back to a lower version and check if that one w
... See more
I am having troubles with the new version of Wordfast 3.2. When I start proofreading a translated txml file, after going through few segments, Wordfast gets stuck (not responding) and nothing helps and I have to close the program. I cannot get any further than to the segment where it happened for the first time.
Does anyone have the same problem? Any suggestions? I've already tried to reinstall the program twice and it didn't help. Should go back to a lower version and check if that one works?

Thanks

Helena
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 23:16
Turn OFF Term highligting Jul 30, 2013

Go to Edit > Preferences > Terminology > Uncheck 'Highlight terms in Editor with Box'. This check-box is causing WFP to freeze.

Let us know if that worked.

Thanks

Alexander Matsyuk
Alexander Matsyuk  Identity Verified
Ukraina
Local time: 08:16
angielski > rosyjski
+ ...
Option Jul 30, 2013

Downgrade to previous version...

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 01:16
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

Wordfast 3.2.1 Coming Soon Jul 30, 2013

Hi Helena,

You actually don't need to downgrade to the previous version. You can turn off the term highlighting as John mentioned and it will resolve the freezing issue.

We will be releasing a fix for this in version 3.2.1 in the coming week. I will let you know when it is available.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Helena Gogelova
Helena Gogelova  Identity Verified
Czechy
Local time: 07:16
angielski > czeski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
When will be the fix released? Aug 23, 2013

Hi Kristyna,
Thank you for your reply (and thanks to others who replied).

Has the fix 3.2.1 been released yet? I downgraded to 3.1.5 version in the meantime because there were more issues with the 3.2 version. One of my clients wrote me this:

"There is a known issue in WordFast 3.2 which causes the application to overwrite all open TXMLs with the contents of the active one upon using the Save all feature. In order to avoid this, please refrain from using the “S
... See more
Hi Kristyna,
Thank you for your reply (and thanks to others who replied).

Has the fix 3.2.1 been released yet? I downgraded to 3.1.5 version in the meantime because there were more issues with the 3.2 version. One of my clients wrote me this:

"There is a known issue in WordFast 3.2 which causes the application to overwrite all open TXMLs with the contents of the active one upon using the Save all feature. In order to avoid this, please refrain from using the “Save all” feature if you are on WordFast 3.2. Instead, save each file individually. There is already a fix which will be made public soon."

So I prefer to stay on the safe side and use 3.1.5 version until all bugs are fixed in the new version.

Helena
Collapse

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
USA
Local time: 01:16
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

WFP 3.2.1 released Aug 23, 2013

Hi Helena,

Yes, we released yesterday. You can read the announcement here -

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/254911-wfp_321_released.html#2187535

Sincerely,

Kristyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3.2 gets stuck

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »