Autor wątku: Alex Lago
Alex Lago
Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Hiszpania
Local time: 07:17
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
Jul 7, 2014

Wanted to ask if anyone knows whether Wordfast can be installed on a NAS server so that the TMs and settings are accessible from different computers on my home network

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 06:17
niemiecki > angielski
+ ...
Probably, but which Wordfast? Jul 7, 2014

In my case, I use WF Classic. The TM's can be anywhere - I simply select the one I want by clicking the "Select TM" button in the TM tab of the setup dialogue and then navigating to it.
Wordfast itself (Wordfast.dot) can also be anywhere - mine is in a partition that I call D:, and I "Save setup as" to that partition also.
Wordfast isn't in a startup folder so it doesn't start automatically when I start Word (Word 2000) - I select it using
Tools > Templates and Add-Ins.
<
... See more
In my case, I use WF Classic. The TM's can be anywhere - I simply select the one I want by clicking the "Select TM" button in the TM tab of the setup dialogue and then navigating to it.
Wordfast itself (Wordfast.dot) can also be anywhere - mine is in a partition that I call D:, and I "Save setup as" to that partition also.
Wordfast isn't in a startup folder so it doesn't start automatically when I start Word (Word 2000) - I select it using
Tools > Templates and Add-Ins.

HTH.
Oliver
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:17
angielski > czeski
I tested NAS with WfServer Jul 8, 2014

Alex Lago wrote:

Wanted to ask if anyone knows whether Wordfast can be installed on a NAS server so that the TMs and settings are accessible from different computers on my home network

I made four presentations on January 2012

http://www.condak.net/stora/stora.html

Here I have running VLTM, size 2.5 GB, which is on NAS Stora:

http://www.condak.net/stora/stora-xp/cs/06.html

MS Word is "the server" for Worfast Classic, too. If MS Word and WFC is running, you can offer to share TM for other WFC. I do not recommend to save changes (add new translations) in very big TM on NAS.

Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Install in NAS server

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »