Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Local time: 08:11
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

fiński > niemiecki
+ ...
Sep 19, 2014

When I keep the function Display Translation Memory on, I notice that WFC v. 6.13 does not realize, that 100% matches are indeed 100%. Instead single words are displayed with yellow background, though they are identical in the source segment and in the TM.
When translating a document sometimes in between WFC does not recognize matches at all, even if I have translated the same segment a few moments earlier and a concordance search finds the translation right away.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 07:11
francuski > angielski
Penalty Sep 19, 2014

Have you checked PB to make sure that a penalty hasn't been set for 100% matches?

Does this problem only happen on really short segments, or also longer ones?

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finlandia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

fiński > niemiecki
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Happens only in some segments Sep 19, 2014

Most of the time 100% is shown as 100%, but then at other segments one or two words are displayed yellow and percentage is less than 100%, though there is no difference really. Fairly long segments, more than 10 words mostly.

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
Francja
Local time: 07:11
francuski > angielski
Punctuation Sep 19, 2014

Are any of the yellow highlighted parts surrounded by some type of punctuation by any chance? I have noticed a pattern here, somehow punctuation or certain number formats will cause this behavior, it isn't usually a big deal for me, just an occasional hiccup!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
fiński > francuski
100% or 101%? Sep 19, 2014

Are you sure it's a 100% match and not a 101% match? If you have enabled in-context matches (under the TM rules tab), there's a glitch in 6.13 that displays such matches (101%) with a yellow background. It has been fixed recently in the latest 6.14 (beta).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC: 100% matches seen as fuzzy

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »