Niemcy
Local time: 05:26
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
Jun 23, 2015

Dear all

I am using Win 7 and WFP 3.4.4 and have been translating around 35 .xlif files without problems and have been able to save them as "translated (xlif) file".

I open the files as usual, translate them and save them. After that, in a next step, I save them as translated file.

Now one is causing a problem. When saving it as "translated file" I get the error message:

Filter Error
Error while saving file.
org.gs4tr.editor.filte
... See more
Dear all

I am using Win 7 and WFP 3.4.4 and have been translating around 35 .xlif files without problems and have been able to save them as "translated (xlif) file".

I open the files as usual, translate them and save them. After that, in a next step, I save them as translated file.

Now one is causing a problem. When saving it as "translated file" I get the error message:

Filter Error
Error while saving file.
org.gs4tr.editor.filters.commons.FilterException:java.lang.RuntimeException:Merge error, please run TransCheck.

I did run Transcheck. Did not help.
Which filter? I applied Java filter and xlif filter from the preferences, without effect.

Any idea?

Many thanks

Lolita
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 21:26
Tag Transcheck Jun 23, 2015

Hi Lolita,

Did you enable Tag Transcheck?

Go to Preferences > Transcheck and select Tag. Now run Transcheck in Editor and fix if there are any tag missing or out of order issues.

Thank you,

John

L. Petriconi
L. Petriconi
Niemcy
Local time: 05:26
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

angielski > niemiecki
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Tag Transcheck enabled Jun 23, 2015

jsingaram wrote:

Go to Preferences > Transcheck and select Tag. Now run Transcheck in Editor and fix if there are any tag missing or out of order issues.

Yes I had already enabled it and had run Transcheck. Did not fix the problem.

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 21:26
Send Bug Report Jun 23, 2015

L. Petriconi wrote:

jsingaram wrote:

Yes I had already enabled it and had run Transcheck. Did not fix the problem.

Hi Lolita,

Once you reproduce this error again, can you send Bug report from Help > Bug Report with your Name, email and Description.

Thank you,

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro: Error while saving XLIF file

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »