Autor wątku: neilmac
neilmac
neilmac
Hiszpania
Local time: 19:55
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Jul 13, 2015

I reformatted my PC last week and reinstalled WF Classic and Office 2013. Today I'm trying to translate an Excel file and WFC for the first time with the new setup and it doesn't appear to be working. I proceed in the same way as I used to with earlier versions of WFC / Office: Open up a copy of the Excel file, then a Word document, do the select and click thing... And nothing happens.
Am I doing something wrong, or is there another step that I'm missing out with new MS Office version?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:55
fiński > francuski
Excel & PowerPoint work up to Office 2010 Jul 13, 2015

No, you are not missing anything: Microsoft has removed the feature that allowed Wordfast to communicate with Excel and PowerPoint from all versions of Office newer than 2010. That includes Office 2011 (Mac), Office 2013 (Windows) and any other newer version. You will have to get a copy of Office 2010 (or older) if you wish to translate Excel/PowerPoint documents the "old-fashioned" way.

Henrique Mariotto
Henrique Mariotto  Identity Verified
Brazylia
Local time: 14:55
Członek ProZ.com
od 2009

angielski > portugalski
+ ...
Office 365 Jul 25, 2015

So Wordfast Pro would allow me to work on Powerpoint and Excel?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:55
fiński > francuski
File formats supported by Wordfast Pro/Anywhere Jul 25, 2015

Henrique Mariotto wrote:
So Wordfast Pro would allow me to work on Powerpoint and Excel?

Sure: Wordfast Pro (and Anywhere) supports a number of file formats, including PowerPoint and Excel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC not working with EXCEL in MS Office 2013

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »