WordFast Anywhere: Space at the beginning of each target paragraph?
Autor wątku: Letizia S.
Letizia S.
Letizia S.
Włochy
Local time: 05:27
francuski > włoski
+ ...
Jul 23, 2015

Good afternood everybody,
I am a very satisfied user of WordFast Anywhere! For people like me, with a (so far) quite small business, a free CAT tools is very useful. And, it works!
I have used WFA since December 2014 and I really like it, I think it is easy-to use, intuitive and speedy. Yes, I admit sometimes it blocks and I have to translate again the segment but it is free and I try not to complain
Moreover, wh
... See more
Good afternood everybody,
I am a very satisfied user of WordFast Anywhere! For people like me, with a (so far) quite small business, a free CAT tools is very useful. And, it works!
I have used WFA since December 2014 and I really like it, I think it is easy-to use, intuitive and speedy. Yes, I admit sometimes it blocks and I have to translate again the segment but it is free and I try not to complain
Moreover, when this problem happened more often I contacted the HelpDesk, they gave me some suggestions (e.g. use Firefox instead of Chrome, do not open many pages, etc.) and I can confirm they are very polite and helpful, so thank you again

An other problem I found out is that in the target version a space appears at the beginning of each paragraph.
I don't know why. There is no space in the source paragraph, so why does it happen?

Does it happen to other users too?

Thanks for you answers.

Letizia
Collapse

Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales
Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:27
Członek ProZ.com
od 2007

hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
A thought Jul 23, 2015

Hi Letizia,

This happened to me in the past when I had more than one document open. If you are using WF to translate a Word file and another Word file happens to be open, try closing that second file and see if the problem disappears.

You might also consider signing up to the Yahoo Users Group for Wordfast Classic.

I've found group members to be very generous with their help and suggestions.

Liz

Update: I didn't see that y
... See more
Hi Letizia,

This happened to me in the past when I had more than one document open. If you are using WF to translate a Word file and another Word file happens to be open, try closing that second file and see if the problem disappears.

You might also consider signing up to the Yahoo Users Group for Wordfast Classic.

I've found group members to be very generous with their help and suggestions.

Liz

Update: I didn't see that you were using WFA; I assumed it was WFC. In that case, my suggestion is irrelevant.

If you don't get any help here, I do suggest joining the WFA Yahoo Users Group. I've found members to be just as helpful and kind as those in the WFC group.

[Edited at 2015-07-23 18:10 GMT]
Collapse

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:27
fiński > francuski
WFA list Jul 25, 2015

Elizabeth Joy Pitt de Morales wrote:
If you don't get any help here, I do suggest joining the WFA Yahoo Users Group. I've found members to be just as helpful and kind as those in the WFC group.

Yes, this is where you should go for any questions related to Wordfast Anywhere:

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Wordfast_Anywhere/info

The group is attended by the developers, who actively monitor questions asked there and answer them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast Anywhere: Space at the beginning of each target paragraph?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »