Autor wątku: Andrea Re
Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
Wielka Brytania
Local time: 04:35
angielski > włoski
+ ...
May 17, 2005

I have been using the latest version of wordfast and everything is fine with it.
My problems are with outlook.... for some reason the delete and backspace key won't work properly and it is driving me insane.
I want to uninstall wordfast to see whether that's where the problem is, but I am not clear how to do it (without losing the info I have collected so far).
Any suggestion would be appeciated (on wordfast or outlook alike:)

Andrea

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Rumunia
Local time: 05:35
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

angielski > rumuński
+ ...
link May 17, 2005

Hi, Andrea,

Do you have reasons to believe that Wordfast is affecting the functionning of Outlook? I've never heard of anything like this.

Anyway, uninstalling Wordfast will not cause any data loss.

Dan

Andrea Re
Wielka Brytania
angielski > włoski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Wordfast Vs Outlook May 17, 2005

Hi Dan,

no I am not sure. Indeed Outlook used to work just fine, and all the other programs still do. Since the wordfast icon has appeared in outlook I wanted to get rid of it to prove a point before I try something more extreme.
The question is: how to get rid of wordfast?

Dan Marasescu
Dan Marasescu  Identity Verified
Rumunia
Członek ProZ.com
od 2003

angielski > rumuński
+ ...
Word May 17, 2005

Hi,

I understand now. Wordfast does not work in Outlook, but in Word. One of the settings of Outlook is to edit the messages in Word, that's why you see the Wordfast icon. I don't see why this should give you any trouble, but try disabling that option (Options/Mail format).

HTH,
Dan

Andrea Re
Wielka Brytania
angielski > włoski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
Star May 17, 2005

You are STAR!!!! Thank you very much, now it works a treat!!!!

Julie Roy
Julie Roy  Identity Verified
Kanada
Local time: 23:35
francuski
+ ...
Another route May 18, 2005

Hi,

I also add the same problem. I solved it by going through Microsoft Word: Tools > Templates and Add-Ins... > (uncheck the box next to Wordfast/Trados).

Julie

Sarah Brenchley
Sarah Brenchley  Identity Verified
hiszpański > angielski
+ ...
Another solution May 18, 2005

Go to wordfast and uncheck the "Protect delimiters" checkbox in Wordfast/Setup/Keys.
This is what I did and it seems to work.
Best wishes,
Sarah.

Andrea Re
Wielka Brytania
angielski > włoski
+ ...
NOWY TEMAT
no probelms with the old computer May 19, 2005

Sarah Brenchley wrote:

Go to wordfast and uncheck the "Protect delimiters" checkbox in Wordfast/Setup/Keys.
This is what I did and it seems to work.
Best wishes,
Sarah.

Thank you to Sarah and Julie for their advice. Having a new super-duper computer is not always a godsend.

Andrea

Silvina Jover-Cirillo (X)
Silvina Jover-Cirillo (X)
USA
angielski > hiszpański
+ ...
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM! Jun 25, 2005

Thanks for the advice on disable word! It worked great for me!

Elitza
Elitza
USA
angielski > bułgarski
+ ...
WONDERFUL! Jun 28, 2005

Thank you, thank youuu for these wonderful tips! I was getting so upset with my computer that I almost stopped emailing.:)

Patricia Lane
Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
Francja
francuski > angielski
+ ...
didn't work :( Mar 16, 2006

hello all,

I have the same problem and disabling the protect feature in wordfast didn't work for me.

I have XP sp2 and outlook 2000 -- and am going batty....

I know I can disable word as my email editor, and do when necessary, but I'd like to solve the problem anyway....

thanks in advance for the assistance!

Patricia

sdc2007
sdc2007  Identity Verified
Włochy
Outlook and Wordfast - delete and backspace problem Mar 10, 2012

Windows XP/Outlook 2003/Wordfast 5.1

When hitting cancel/delete or backspace in Outlook, a window opens to Close/Save the message.
It's frustrating as those who have experienced this will know.
It's not a Trados problem, not a Multiterm problem.
There is some bizarre conflict with Wordfast. If someone really knows what this is about I’d be happy to read…

I have tried all suggestions - and trawled the web. Tweaking/adjusting settings in either Word
... See more
Windows XP/Outlook 2003/Wordfast 5.1

When hitting cancel/delete or backspace in Outlook, a window opens to Close/Save the message.
It's frustrating as those who have experienced this will know.
It's not a Trados problem, not a Multiterm problem.
There is some bizarre conflict with Wordfast. If someone really knows what this is about I’d be happy to read…

I have tried all suggestions - and trawled the web. Tweaking/adjusting settings in either Word or Outlook DO NOT work for me.
Yes, you can turn off the Word editor but this is not really a viable solution, though many seem happy with this. You then have little control over Outlook messages.

The only way I could resolve problem was to UNINSTALL Wordfast. Then Outlook returned to normal.

However, I think the BEST solution is NOT to uninstall but simply TURN OFF Wordfast.
In WORD, Tools, Templates/Add Ins, Uncheck Wordfast. You should find that Outlook is now ok and still keeps the Word Editor. Sure, if you are using WF and Outlook back and forth it’s tricky. But you could just turn on WF when you need it.

Ah, one thing though, if you’re lucky, you may find that when you turn Wordfast back on again and go to Outlook, that the problem has now gone!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Vs Outlook

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »